Craigslist Insanity

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Khij159753 said:
Oh yes. Now it makes perfect sense!

Just like used cars on craigslist, as soon as you put over 100,000 miles on it, it goes up to the price of a new one

ilikepie said:
Just like used cars on craigslist, as soon as you put over 100,000 miles on it, it goes up to the price of a new one

That means my used subaru i got 300$ which needed an extra 200$ worth of work was actually worth 10 grand and my 10 gallon tank with everything ive got in it is worth 2 grand

brunettebaby4571 said:
I am in WV! Are you in WV also? I have found some really good deals on 100+ tanks withs lots of extras for under 200$ but didnt have the money at the time :( its very sad!! haha

I'm in WV! Haha. Charleston area.

vance1013 said:
That means my used subaru i got 300$ which needed an extra 200$ worth of work was actually worth 10 grand and my 10 gallon tank with everything ive got in it is worth 2 grand

Yes you are learning

ilikepie said:
Yes you are learning

Imo you have it backwards, a car that has had damage or needs serious work with over 100,000+ miles loses its value from anywhere from 10%-25% depending as with fish tanks used tanks value decreases over time depending on age damage its use and where its been stored

vance1013 said:
Imo you have it backwards, a car that has had damage or needs serious work with over 100,000+ miles loses its value from anywhere from 10%-25% depending as with fish tanks used tanks value decreases over time depending on age damage its use and where its been stored

Yeah normally you would be right about the cars, but cash for clunkers ruined the market so now its actually like that

ilikepie said:
Yeah normally you would be right about the cars, but cash for clunkers ruined the market so now its actually like that

Its always been like that, value decreases over time not increase in value unless its a rare classic car

vance1013 said:
Its always been like that, value decreases over time not increase in value unless its a rare classic car

Or unless its being sold on Craigslist. Thus the name of the thread.

vance1013 said:

Wrong cash for clunkers ruined the market because they got rid of the clubkers and most clunkers werent really that bad of cars, so tjat explains the lack of good ised cars for cheap on the market

ilikepie said:
Wrong cash for clunkers ruined the market because they got rid of the clubkers and most clunkers werent really that bad of cars, so tjat explains the lack of good ised cars for cheap on the market

It was a conspiracy! Obama goes and gets desperate people to sell a great car for $1500 or so, thus getting rid of (yes, rid of, every so called "clunker" was destroyed, and made impossible to resell) cars that the average person can afford, and thereby forcing people to buy new "green" cars, or spend WAY MORE $$$ on used cars. Google it and you'll see what I mean, there's also more to it than this. Sorry for the political mumbo jumbo, but felt the need to voice this. ;)

Lt. said:
It was a conspiracy! Obama goes and gets desperate people to sell a great car for $1500 or so, thus getting rid of (yes, rid of, every so called "clunker" was destroyed, and made impossible to resell) cars that the average person can afford, and thereby forcing people to buy new "green" cars, or spend WAY MORE $$$ on used cars. Google it and you'll see what I mean, there's also more to it than this. Sorry for the political mumbo jumbo, but felt the need to voice this. ;)

Exactly!! You get it and not mqny people realize this

ilikepie said:
Exactly!! You get it and not mqny people realize this

So sad and so true and yet we are left with deciding between the lesser of two evils in a few days to take us down an inevitably bleak future at this point... We sure have come a long way in the last couple decades... : l

Let's get back on topic, guys. Crazy prices for fish tanks and ridiculous setups only! Let's not get this fun thread shut down.

So how bout those crazy Craigslist people? Any new insane posts? I'll go see what I can dig up...

(Totally agree with y'all, but- we gotta keep this on topic! I enjoy this thread too much for it to get shut down.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom