cross your fingers....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

a_b1301

Aquarium Advice Regular
i jst added two clowns to my tank, which has a frogspawn (for them)...crossing everything that they pair up and hoast it
andrea

Just so you know the clowns could damage the heads on your frogspawn. It does not take much trauma to damage those frogspawn heads. You might be better off if they dont host your frogspawn.

there is a toadstool in there too so maybe that will appeal to them...to be honest tho it actually looks like they are favouring the HEATER so far!!! which, typically, is right at the back and hidden by everything else.
so we'll see.
are there any other corals you would suggest to get to imitate a nem??
andrea

My black and white host this plastic nem...lol
img_1091704_0_930295b2534782536283c843e46d3b9c.jpg

how will i know when they have paired...and then when they have hoasted??
they are swimming around happily together sometimes and apart sometimes. more so together i s'pose. ive not seen any bullying from the bigger to confirm her place as female but she is almost double the size of the little one so maybe he just knows whos boss??
andrea

Andea, there is no guarantee that your clowns will host anything. Clowns are very strange Damsels and will host the most odd things if they host at all.LOL

lol...yeah, i know there is no guarantee...there is hope tho huh :)
im just wondering if they DO pair and hoast what signs am i looking out for??
Andrea

The female will start to clean off a flat surface near it's nem and that is normally the first sign of them laying eggs. More then likely even if they mate and lay eggs if you can't remove the eggs to another tank they will just be fish food.

hey, ive had my clowns now for two weeks.
they both seem happy with eachother and have taken to a shaded area between the rocks on the sand bed. the bigger (female) has been quite happily just staying upright on the sand bed for the past couple of days. the male visits her every now and then and she moves her body around. she doesnt seem to be distressed. some of the time she will come out for food and other times she wont but the male eats all the time.
im just wondering if this is just "clowns for ya" or should i look out for signs of her not being well, or is she makin a place to lay eggs. seems really quick seen as ive only had them 2 weeks or so.
andrea

Ive had my clowns for 8 months now and still no eggs. The clowns contantly have twitch matches and they have had a nice, smooth, place in the sand for months without any action.

I wonder what they are waiting for?
BTW-I have a torch coral next to their bed and they dont host it either. Same goes for my frogspawn, and my huge patch a xenias.
Matt

btw, seems my girl wasn't jst keepin away from her boy...she wasnt well. she looked fine but then today ive come in and shes gone to fishy heaven. my boy looks brill tho, he's so lively...i s'pose now he'll be a girl tho lol.
i dont seem to have much luck with clowns, my last two died from itch (but i had no experience back then) and now im just left with my little guy. i have NO clue what happened to the girl!!!

Sorry to hear about that. Have you checked your water parameters to rule that out?

Sorry..+1 check out your water parameters. How long did you have her?

Back
Top Bottom