DanS Future 90 gallon reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ya I wouldn't worry then. If they had the pressure from the pump then I might be but gravity is gonna be enough water pressure to be of any concern.

okay awesome.. well then im finished... tank is in place, sump underneath, skimmer, pump, and heater all inside of sump, plumbing finished... just gotta put some water in it and leak test it... :)

oh and of course, gotta go get sand still and then onto the scaping the rocks lol joyyyyy

Ya nearly there. Still need a Ro/Di don't you lol. Do you already have the circulation pumps or are those still needed too :)

Ya nearly there. Still need a Ro/Di don't you lol. Do you already have the circulation pumps or are those still needed too :)

Nope!!! its pumping water in a container as we speak!! already made about 15-20gallons :)

and no to the circulation pumps, might not need em since both of my returns have 2 flexible nozzles to direct flow(so they act as powerheads, 4 all together)

You return pump probably won't be enough flow though. So you'll want 2700gph minimum and up to 4500+gph... I don't think your pump is up to that lol

You return pump probably won't be enough flow though. So you'll want 2700gph minimum and up to 4500+gph... I don't think your pump is up to that lol

really?? that much flow? lol well we'll c, gotta get it filled first, then modify as i go along bc i know im not gonna like everything the way it is right now probably

Yep 30-50x turnover for corals is the general rule of thumb. Two good size koralias or something should be perfect in combination with your returns.

any specific type of wavemaker youd recommend?? not familiar with them, but i am familiar with Koralia Powerheads, i have 2 of em in my 29G :)

Koralia makes a Wavemaker which is pretty cheap and comes in different sizes (number of outlets).

this might be a stupid question, but once i start filling the tank up... how do i get it to start circulating? like how do i get it to go down into the sump? does that one pipe in the overflow act as a siphon? lil confused

As you fill it it will overflow the overflow lol and keep draining as you add more water. Once your sump is full turn on the return and finish filling to make up for the plumbing.

As you fill it it will overflow the overflow lol and keep draining as you add more water. Once your sump is full turn on the return and finish filling to make up for the plumbing.

see told ya, stupid question lol.. i was gonna start putting water in it, but i think i wanna do my rock scape before i add water, esp bc im prob gonna use epoxy

What you should do is make a tape layout of your tank dimensions and build your scape outside your tank. Build it into like 3-4 pieces (so it can be put it and taken out with the brace). This way its easy to put it back together but it will mean no major rescapes so you gotta be happy with it lol

What you should do is make a tape layout of your tank dimensions and build your scape outside your tank. Build it into like 3-4 pieces (so it can be put it and taken out with the brace). This way its easy to put it back together but it will mean no major rescapes so you gotta be happy with it lol

I was thinking of doing that! lol figured itd be easier. ive been staring at the rock thats in the tank now for like an hour and im just tryna figure out something but i wanna wait til i get my other 15lbs from BRS prob early next week

Have you decided what will be going in the tank yet fish and coral wise? It can really help with scaping.

Have you decided what will be going in the tank yet fish and coral wise? It can really help with scaping.

well i plan on getting a snowflake eel and i know they like lots of "tunnels" and passage ways thru the rocks, so i know to leave a lot of holes and what not.. as far as corals go, im gonna prob do a little bit of everything, lots of zoas bc i loveee them, some LPS, some SPS maybe and of course softies..

Back
Top Bottom