Dary's tank!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It looks like I bought the same camera as " marina clown" showed in his post,... I'm sure in the long run it'll be a cool thing to have ,.. Right now it's across the room on the fall wall so the actual video feed might not be the best but it'll let me know things are ok,...I might experiment by moving the cam closer etc but at this point I'm toast ,.. Trying hard to finish a glass of wine before falling asleep ,.. Hopefully I've managed to attach a pic showing its current view

Attachments

• image-881914098.jpg
    image-881914098.jpg
    118.7 KB · Views: 99
21st century joined,....wifi cam up and running!!! My nephew ( who works in the computer trade ) came over and we installed a wifi router ,a wifi extender and my wifi camera,..... A few snags along the way but after some great tech support all the way from Bangkok we ( he) got it all up and running..... Whew!!! Wish I had a cold one right about now!!!!

Yay! Congrats!

Just out of curiosity ,... Are you guys using multiple cameras on your tanks or just a single? It's kind of neat being at work and being able to see your tank too. , I think I'm going to like this

I have three, two can pan and tilt one is fixed but has a 180 degree fish eye lens.
Two are high def.ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1394408897.706363.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1394408912.570526.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1394408924.952645.jpg

Fish eye, need to clean the tank wall.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1394409192.820198.jpg

Main reef cam

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1394409212.976558.jpg

Nice !!! I can see getting another one somewhere down the line ,... If I may ask , what cameras are you currently using ?
P.s. nice fish room !

Just out of curiosity ,... Are you guys using multiple cameras on your tanks or just a single? It's kind of neat being at work and being able to see your tank too. , I think I'm going to like this

I originally purchased a DLink Cloud Cam that has a pan/tilt feature to have a view of my QT in addition to my main display. However, after numerous trouble shootings and final failed attempt I exchanged for the one I posted a picture of earlier and it has worked great so far. I will probably just have this one.

I originally purchased a DLink Cloud Cam that has a pan/tilt feature to have a view of my QT in addition to my main display. However, after numerous trouble shootings and final failed attempt I exchanged for the one I posted a picture of earlier and it has worked great so far. I will probably just have this one.

Good info,...thanks

I use foscam's because they are cheap.

They look like they put out a nice picture,.... Are yours controlled via an "app" or website or ?? I remember a few months back when you sent me the link to access the camera(s) but I can't remember how it was all setup.

I've been there diving, it's a great place. Get them to take you out to see the manta rays.

We were deciding what we could afford to do both individually and as a couple of small groups,.. It all comes down to time and $ $ $ ,...Laura and I decided that we wanted to go ziplinning again,..but i was pushing my brother ,daughter and wife to go and do the manta ray thing,... My brothers wife recently had a knee replacement that isn't quite right and his daughter is terrified of heights so that leaves the zipline out for them.
They still haven't yet figured out what or where their extra " tour" money will go,...in all honesty, I'm quite content just going snorkeling a few times to revisit some of our aquarium buddies.,the manta ray thing really has never held a must do fascination for me.
On your " cheap" video camera setup are you accessing them via the web/ phone etc for free or are you paying a "service" fee for viewing them?

The manta rays are worth it. You will never forget them. Understand the $$$ issue, it's why I'm not going too!

I have what's called a static IP address, so connecting to my cameras from the outside world is easy. In your case you need what's called a DNS forwarding service, or subscribe to a web site that sorts it all out for you, like the site listed when you got your camera. Your IP address to your local modem changes periodically if you don't have the static service. These web sites and forwarding companies sense when your address changes so you can always connect when you want to over the Internet cloud.

Last edited:
Your trip is bringing memories back. Last time there I rented a ancient Cessna 172 and my wife and I spent the day flying over the island and volcanoes, dodging site seeing helicopters.ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1394495330.281150.jpg

Your trip is bringing memories back. Last time there I rented a ancient Cessna 172 and my wife and I spent the day flying over the island and volcanoes, dodging site seeing helicopters.

Wow,..bet that cost a pretty penny !!!! Great photo !!! Gotta love that place ,... From tropical warm beaches to Jurassic park all in a day

It was cheap because it was years ago and the airplane was very old.

I assume you survived the flight ,..lol... I'm pretty sure I'll be getting another camera mounted somewhere closer to the tank/ sump to get a more detailed look at things but wether its before or after Hawaii will remain to be seen,... I'm glad you guys talked me into this setup,...way cool

Back
Top Bottom