Dary's tank!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just came back from Oahu. It was nice to monitor the fish tank. Here's a pic of a Naso tang I took in Hanauma Bay
cjN9VEj.jpg

Oh yeah, that's for sure. Even LA recommended size of 180 gallons is small...given how big they can get and how active they are in the wild. I'm sure you have seen them while you were diving. I think 8ft tank would be great though for a Naso.

He'd be pretty cramped in a 100 gallon tank, wouldn't he?

Is that for your frag tank? A Kole tang would be great though for algae control, etc. I was surprised to observe them to just kind of hang out in one area instead of swimming around a lot like other tangs. May be a small Naso for 100 if you can put it in your 300 later but with a clown tang already there I doubt it will work out.

I was just kidding. I need more tangs like I need additional holes in my head.

Speaking of tangs.., when I get back from Hawaii I want to try to add a algae eating tang , yellow ,blue or otherwise to try and co- exist with my trigger monster ,.. I'm sure I'll have to get one as big or bigger than he is and maybe a specie that won't take his bullying .... Any suggestions?

My Kole is a algae eating machine. He is the only tang I have that also works the glass over. I don't think your trigger would mess with most adult tangs.

I agree. A Kole tang would be great. If you want something rare and don't mind driving up to Long Beach, Age of Aquariums has a Cevron Tang for $150.

The kole is cool,.. Yellow eye ring always reminds me of a parrot ,..the scopas tang ,hippo and powder blue tang also interest me,....but I don't know too much on temperament or eating habits compared to some of the others,...if I'm really lucky I might be able to pull this off,... Like I said earlier ,I'm sure a larger tang would maybe keep mr trigger at bay a little and curtail his aggression ( yeah right ! )
Also my tax return just came in so I bought another belkin cam (off of eBay this time )....it's not as fancy as the other belkin one I bought but the price seemed right and I'll be able to hook it up to see things up and personal

All the tangs eat algae. But most of them work the rocks I have observed. The Kole concentrates on the glass. He leaves little kiss marks everywhere when there is a bit of algae present.

I don't believe fish view them as a threat. i have never seen a tang back down from one. As a matter of fact, the powder blue in the tank I maintain for a not so local health club bullies the foxface regularly.

I don't believe fish view them as a threat. i have never seen a tang back down from one. As a matter of fact, the powder blue in the tank I maintain for a not so local health club bullies the foxface regularly.

From LA " The One Spot Foxface may be housed with more aggressive fish since predators and aggressors will tend to leave it alone because of its venomous dorsal spines."

Back
Top Bottom