Dec-Jan: Lets hear about those bargains!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hows these bargins:
Tank One:
29gal with cover and light
150 watt Visi-therm heater- Free
Stand (unused couch table in attic)- Free
New Fluval 303 canister filter- Free
50 lbs substrate (seasoned)- Free

Fish, Art. Plants and Decorations
food and chemicals - <$100

Above was given to me free except the stuff I bought to put in the tank

Tank Two:
90gal All-Glass
pine stand
Versa covers
two light bars
Three Hang on Back filters
three power heads
various cleaning supplies

Above was all for a used TV and a few bottles of liqour out of my storage unit

well, as long as the liquor doesn't cost more than $100 bottle and the tv isn't 60", it sounds like you got yourself an awesome bargain.

it was an 8 year old 27 in and the liqour was stuff I recieved free and come to think of it i didn't pay for the TV either

Traded a 50 gal tank and HOB for a 125 gal with stand. The guy had moved and did not have room for the 125!

I got 9 potted plants+all kinds of runners for 4 Euros from my lfs. That's something about 6$ i believe. It was enough to plant my 30 gal quite densely. (It includes Java fern, Ludwigia, Valisneria, Cabomba, and some more....)
:D

I guess the lady at my lfs really likes me......normally for 9 potted plants alone you pay at least 27 Euros. She said she had to 'clean out the plant tanks', although all of these plants look perfectly fine!!!!
:p

Big sale at Big Al's this WE .... If you have an outlet nearby, might want to check it out.

How about a 75 gal tank for $99 (Can)?

Went rock hounding last Friday and got 50 lbs of iowa geodes for $15. that I'm going to crack and put in a couple of my tanks

Nice one Jsoong!!! I got 6 HUGE water wisteria stems for $4 .. seems insignificant, but i usually see 1 stem for $4

I once bought a quarter for 2 dimes because I told my brother 2 is better then one.

Then again he just beat me up after the trade and took his quarter back.

Chilly what's the got to do with aquariums? Nothing but it teaches you never try to trick someone who's much larger then you!

29 Gal Eclipse with everything you need to start a SW Tank for $250. This included, tank, stand, lights, test kit, filter pads, salt, heater, food, dechlorinator, hydrometer, digital thermometer, automatic weekend feeder, and a coupon for 20 lbs of SW sand. Is this a deal or what?

I bought a 160 gal tank with wood stand and hood for $400. All in excellent condition. No filter or decor. Was this a good deal?

No. It is drilled in the bottom :( I don't have that kind of filter though, so I went to Lowes last night and created my own plugs with pvc parts and o-rings. :)

Back
Top Bottom