Dec-Jan: Lets hear about those bargains!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I just got back from a club meeting and bought over 50+ rare guppies for less then $40 during the auction.

Got a big bag of java moss for $1.
Got a corner filter for a ten gallon tank for $3.
And a whole bag of assorted colored apple snails for $1.

How rare could a guppy be if you got more than 50 of them for around a buck each? I couldnt imagine buying 50 guppies...I started with 12 and now have babies everywhere! Sounds neat!

redwhiptailplec said:
You lucky so and so....Go on then how did you warngle that?

Somebody that decided they no longer needed them called me up and asked me if I wanted them. :D

Today, at my first garage sale of the season, I picked up a 3 gallon and a 5 gallon for $7 total.

how about this.i got a brand new 135 gallon with glass hood for 200 bucks.
i also got an 80 gallon long tank with a stand and glass hood for 35 bucks

55 gallon for free....

"Umm excuse me I heard you sell second hand aquariums...?"

"Well we get them in sometimes but we don't have any at the moment. What are you after?"

"Oh, well I was after a 55 gallon. Oh I've got one of those you can have, you just need to pick it up."

Yay!

I know that most of you guys probably already know this...but eBay regularly has VERY good deals on fake aquarium plants when compared to buying them in stores. My LFS sells them for about $10 a piece, while on eBay you can buy a lot of about 12 for $10 to $20.

Well, I went to pick up a turtle for my rescue last night, and the chap that was surrendering him asked me if I could use any aquarium supplies...I, of course, said 'yes', and came home with a box filled with about $150 worth of food and chemicals (all very new, including an uncracked 500ml bottle of Prime), near $200 worth of aquarium books, A Tronic 50W heater, an Ebo Jager 150W heater, a Fluval 2+, several decorationss and nets. Quite the pleasant surprise.

sweet find tortis. I got a 60 gallon truvu acrylic tank for $50 few days back. has a few scratches, but those can be easily taken out!

Found another sweet find! Got a 90 gallon tank at an aquarium society auction for $30! If you haven't been to one, you should check it out!!!

PetSmart here was running a sale on 29 gallon tank and hood for $40. I'm thinking that our store just messed up though because $40 should have been the price for the tank alone (or at least that's how much I paid for mine.... and $25 for the hood/light).

I just bought a 55 gallon perfecto with glass canopy and 48"strip light with a emperor 400 and a visi-therm 200watt heater,master test kit,digital thermometer,And a bag of sea salt enough for 55gallons for 100.00bucks.....BEAT THAT!!!!!haha

Back
Top Bottom