Decent 300 gph sump pump

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Flaxon-Waxon

Aquarium Advice Addict
Was looking at the MJ1200... Reasonably priced. Any thoughts and or recommendations? Do not mind spending a little more but would like to stay under $75 range...

Mag drive 3. Mags are awesome. I have a mag 18 on my 150 dans its still going strong an makes almost no noise at all. With a 3 noise wont be noticeable.

crister13 said:
Mag drive 3. Mags are awesome. I have a mag 18 on my 150 dans its still going strong an makes almost no noise at all. With a 3 noise wont be noticeable.

I hear mags are loud?? What about Eheim compact + 2000?

Benamayer said:
I hear mags are loud?? What about Eheim compact + 2000?

As you know I'm looking at them as well! I heard good things about the Eheim. They seem to be a lot more expensive than the mag drives. I did read that the mags put off a lot of heat. I would be curious to hear from others on that issue. I live in Texas and while I do run my AC, I would want to know if it will heat the water up considerably or are we talking about a degree or two? Not interested in purchasing a chiller because of my mag drive!

I have a mag 18 otp 3000 and 4 powerheads nada Marineland pump plus lights with no heater and the temp is ~78. House runs at 73 so the mag doesn't do that much.

Back
Top Bottom