Delapool's 150 gallon tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just setups - should be ok when sorted. Measured up a few other spots but bit tight on width (guess visitors shouldn’t have to swim through it to cross hallway sigh).

One week to go to moving!! Pulled apart some garage shelves and dropped around to new place, along with bits of left over aquarium stuff from the garage. I promised as I was putting it in the car that I really, really would look at throwing some stuff out. The plane ornament is top of the list but the darn thing was too expensive so into the car it went (which surprised the heck out of the neighbors car settled in for a road trip).

One week to go to moving!! Pulled apart some garage shelves and dropped around to new place, along with bits of left over aquarium stuff from the garage. I promised as I was putting it in the car that I really, really would look at throwing some stuff out. The plane ornament is top of the list but the darn thing was too expensive so into the car it went (which surprised the heck out of the neighbors car settled in for a road trip).

If you need something new try to rehome the plane. Get a little $$ towards something new. And rid yourself of the ice cream stealing downed pilot.

Lol lol [emoji23]

I think the plane is going to go :) More into driftwood at moment and a friend at work has a huge sunken ship I could grab anytime.

But took in a decent size plastic box and only managed to get in the ‘spare’ stuff from the bookcase drawers either side of tank (plus er, some ‘rainy day’ stuff on top of cupboards - explaining why I have very small 4 nets good for 2 gallon tanks only..).

Still to get onto display cabinet drawers and the cupboards which have the packed away canister filters. And I know one of those is a junk drawer which was catching unless packed away right.

Bit stumped, I think the drawers have shrunk from the hot weather to explain where all the room went.

But possibly I might on-sell the plane. Some dollars would be handy.

I need to check out road tomorrow- thought I saw a hollow tree branch which would be great driftwood.

Box number two. Plus some canister filters in car.

d83fa4854cf412779f9a4a392518d113.jpg

My goodness, three hours to drain and pack up the ‘simplified’ tank. Removalists tomorrow but thinking if it is worth setting up CO2 again.

The CO2 ph probe actually got knocked off the top of tank and fell down behind tank - amazingly survived!

Two buckets of plants and a bucket of fish. Decided to reuse the gravel and hopefully reduce cycling - still keeping just enough for tank bottom cover.

4c414315f7f8a22c157f4fb223567d36.jpg

And new spot (fingers crossed nothing breaks!).

I have an air pump running in bucket with fish and dosed with prime. Fingers crossed.

The outdoor tap hasn’t been used for so long that the rubber has gone so hoping I’ve got a spare tap connecter somewhere.

bdd02e53a7b1350854501fb60de0a65f.jpg

Hmmm, possible - good idea, I’ll have a look. Kitchen sink is not far away. Just ran out of time to fix - I have my 19mm (most garden hoses here are 12mm) for speedy tank filling but just not quite there.

This rental is a bit shocking. Good deal but air-con needed replacing, various bits of maintenance and guy coming next week to replace sliding door rollers. And no security screen on that sliding door either - thinking I might see how much security glass film costs (can’t have anyone walking off with fish tank lol).

I forgot to mention I saw half a dozen ninja shrimp in the last bit of water left in tank. They might go ok.

Kitchen tap no good.

Fish tank seems to have made it yay! One nervous moment when I thought a bottom edge would hit going out door but ok. I need to find replacement foam under tank as this one is ok - little bit broken but removalist guys were fantastic in getting it back together. Not sure about second time shifting though. Need a thick piece for shifting.

Lost largest angelfish. Rest seem to be ok. Not bad as in a bucket for 24hrs nearly.

And in good news the nbn broadband box didn’t get wet. Not so good news is the tank does take up a bit room lol. It’s ok but just.

Ended up connecting the 18mm hose to front tap. Back tap grrr. They tried to go with fancy connections and now I can’t get half them off. It fills tank quick though!

I also found I need to get a longer hose to drain (5m more would do). I ended up gravel vac’ing again while filling and got water pretty clear.

One internal filter and heater in. Plants still in bucket. Try do ammonia test tonight.

Stocking angelfish, loaches, ottos, catfish and rams (and hopefully shrimp). Dumped in all the driftwood I could find.

Bad deal on the big Angel, but overall for such a huge move of everything not terrible overall.

That was so much work (from your comments and the pics - so much gravel! Good job to you and the removalists. :)

Something to do I guess. Still thinking. Definitely need to get the larger canister filter going.

Something nice but simple for a tank look?

I threw out the plane and fake rock ornaments. Driftwood only and half inch of gravel now. Cleaning and removing the gravel was a pain so keeping gravel to a minimum.

Driftwood origami maybe. Maybe pile up driftwood in centre, Anubis on top. Bolbitis behind that and java fern either side? I’ve got about 5 pieces of heavy wood and maybe 5 of spider wood. Nothing very big.

I’ve left the power sand in the bag for the moment. Yet to wash it as don’t need the dirt. Still got $70 of store credit to spend on substrate.

Having said all that, grabbing the sunken ship a workmate doesn’t want - kind of tempting.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom