Delapool's 150 gallon tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yes! Just about all one-handed. Realised the CO2 might have to wait another weekend until I can put both hands in tank. Still thinking if I can do it.

So happy the filter has no leaks as that was a pain getting hoses connected up. Next filter will be self-priming!

Stocking at moment is 4 yoyo loaches, 3 Bolivian rams, 3 otos, 4 or 5 bn catfish and 4 angelfish. That will do I think.

Great to hear you are keeping a good amount similar to before.

Changes are hard sometimes (especially one handed ones).

What did you do with the shrimp you found at the bottom of the tank? Did you keep a smaller tank running too (sorry if you already answered that question)?

Just connecting up CO2 now. Half done. Airlines trying to backflow. Thinking of doubling the one-way valves but can’t remember where I put them in a sensible, easy-to-find drawer yesterday.

Shrimp went back into main tank but not too hopeful as didn’t get plants in for a week. Still be tempting to get some more at auction time for cleanup. Although expensive I guess as must be very good at hiding. Send down the shrimp camera I guess.

Looks pretty well stocked still. Loaches never sit still. Rams are coming up more to surface for food. Bit more active.

Still got a $70 voucher from selling plants to get some discus though (I think that will buy one :) ).

782dcbda83c9cf10078c71a0b1305ab4.jpg

Do CO2 bottles go ok with rental inspections??

Equipment:

2 filters (canister and internal).

2 heaters.

2 CO2 diffusers and ph controller.

2 lights.

Once set up it just runs along except filling bottle every 6 months. Lol .. once setup...

Throw out backing on bin day.

Resist temptation to add more substrate.

Found the TDS meter I bought last year.

Also found the planter boxes I bought when had run out of room and was going to attach these via the suckers to glass sides (as you do). Will keep them for buce as kept the planted tank substrate from small tank.

Thinking rental inspectors could have different rules depending on the employer.

Maybe could be making home brew beer? Nitro cold brew coffee??? - then it might be okay, lol.

Cool you found the TDS meter.

Sounds a good idea to disguise as something else!

I’d better check for leaks on hoses tonight as well.

Happy with stocking at moment. The angelfish look big but quite flat and the loaches look busy enough for a school of fish.

Society meeting on tonight - international guest speaker. African cichlids.

Sounds a good idea to disguise as something else!
Not being a renter I find it funny my thought was to disguise it !
My thought was a 'handicap' sticker and then you could say it is your O2 !:nono:
Maybe a cane in plain view or if you could borrow a wheel chair for ambiance ?

Not being a renter I find it funny my thought was to disguise it !

My thought was a 'handicap' sticker and then you could say it is your O2 !:nono:

Maybe a cane in plain view or if you could borrow a wheel chair for ambiance ?

Nice ideas! I’ll try for something - I think fold-up wheel chairs can be rented from chemist. Hopefully they won’t notice bottle ...

Seachem ammonia alert still on 0 but wanting to find time to test tomorrow.

Lost the other larger angelfish. I wonder if from moving and plus then we lost power overnight this weekend. Other fish fine, ammonia just a touch (hard to tell in light but looks like still re-establishing). Hoping it is a one off.

Any time you stir up everything, it seems something goes wrong. Also hoping it was just a little stressed and the power out put it over the edge.

I am not looking forward to when I switch tanks in the future.

Yes, a little disappointed there. The weekend just went in a flash and missed a water change as well. Two school seminars this week plus local aquarium society meeting so hopefully this weekend get the routine happening again.

I do need to buy something waterproof but open for the router sitting next to tank (yikes!). Bought a better one (still no luck through ground floor) so also bought a wifi powerline extender - now have great wifi coverage for school homework / working from home & some quite expensive equipment sitting next to a half tonne of water... Will do an amazon search - maybe an upside plastic container on a stand for ventilation or something. In theory though I can leave the tank cover on for that side when doing water changes so will do that and feed from other side.

Just realised I was told the garage was sprayed for pests and I had the canister filter hoses in there as well. Did wash them out but I wonder.

Good question - the pool shop or hardware might have replacement hoses in that size. Thanks - will have a look. Poor fish tank - moving hasn’t agreed with it :(

Back
Top Bottom