Did i miss the memo?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Douglas4701

Aquarium Advice Freak
How many times a day or days are you supposed to feed your African cichlids? I have several jars of food that all say different amounts. I have been told or over heard fish store convo that its anywhere from once ever other day to three times a day... Why are there such discrepancies? Yours truly, Saint Nick.

You will probably find the same wide range of answers here. I feed small amounts 3-4 times Monday-Friday and not at all on weekends.

My feeding routine for my 29 gallon is only mon,wed and fri. I feed my 10 gallon everyday except sat and sun.

I feed my 38 gallon on Monday, Wednesday, Friday, and Sunday and my 20g on Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday, and Sunday.

Y not everyday u eat everyday right? Lol I'm pretty sure they try to eat everyday in the wild also

I feed small amounts twice a day, every other day. My fish are healthy and also it cuts down on wasted food that settles on the bottom or gets caught in the decor. Less mess is easier to clean.

That's understandable but my mbuna leave nothing behind lol that's the reason I dnt have a bottom feeders.

I've been feeding one large amount each day also and I over feed every other day so the bottom feeder gets his due course. But the wide range is out there.... I guess I should maybe try twice a day in small amounts and every other day in large??? Who knows anymore?

I've been feeding one large amount each day also and I over feed every other day so the bottom feeder gets his due course. But the wide range is out there.... I guess I should maybe try twice a day in small amounts and every other day in large??? Who knows anymore?

I have no bottom feeders in my cichlid tank and my bottom never has any left overs

I feed both my cichlid tank and tropical tank everyday and all my fish are happy, healthy and swimming in crystal clear water.

I have 25 mbuna in my 60 gallon(will be upgrading) i feed 4 times a day..first feeding new life spectrum mini pellets and some omega one medium pellets...then frozen emerald entree...then pellets again then some fresh vegetables.

I use new spectrum and dainichi for pellets and omega veggie chips.. Occasionally love ghost shrimp which they go nuts for.

feeding depends on what you have for stock,
some need daily feeding ,
some can go every other day
some can go longer just depends

Back
Top Bottom