DIY Betta Project

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

henningc

Aquarium Advice Addict
Some where several months ago I posted an idea about starting a DIY Betta breeding project. The idea was to breed healthy bettas and give them to members for little or nothing more than shipping. The purpose was just my way of protesting the typically sick and mistreated imported stock the big chain stores sell.

Well after several months I have assembled the breeding stock to fulfill the project. I set up a pair over the weekend and the male displays non-stop,but was not getting a serious nest built. I finally released the female tonight and they seem to be preparing. The male is displaying and blowing bubbles like he is posessed. The female has become submissive, hanging head down under the fake lilly pad where the bubble nest is at. I have not spawned bettas for about five years, but this seems to be a very good start.

I want to thank the folks who rescued fish or just donated them to me for the project. If all goes well by June we should have some ready to rehome. I'll keep the thread going.

Back
Top Bottom