DIY CO2 Glass Bottle?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dgaplin

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Here's the DIY C02 I made this weekend. It produced 24 bubbles per minute using 1 cup sugar, 1/3 tsp yeast, and 1/2 tsp baking soda. The reactor bottle is a 32oz beer growler and the bubble counter a Jack Daniels double shot. It seemed stable and I checked the pressure by opening the reactor bottle after several hours to see how much pressure had built-up. Less pressure than opening a coke. I saw the links below and got the idea to use the growler bottle. However, after coming across a few threads were some recommended only using plastic - I took down the set-up pending a safety review lol. Is it safe to use glass for the reactor bottle? Surely, a container meant to carry a carbonated beverage would be better than the gatorade or apple juice bottles I've seen in some write ups. Thoughts?

How to Make a Planted Aquarium CO2 Generator/Infuser

DIY Co2- For Thsoe Who Have "Glass Collectible Bottles" - 140242

I would assume as long as you left it on 24/7, it would be fine.

I am almost positive there is a regulator out there with a fail safe pressure relief valve that would expel excess pressure in the event of possible danger.

I haven't researched it to that depth, yet, but it makes sense for something like that to exisit.

Pick up a rubber stopper for the main bottle. If the pressure builds too high it'll just blow the stopper.

Back
Top Bottom