diy co2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishdud

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Okay so its getting chilly over here in north texas and my two diy co2 bottle were placed near the window so the heat can keep the bottles warm to produce more co2, now that its getting colder, even in the house, how do I keep em warm? I was thinking about placing em in a bucket of warm water.

Ha, found an extra heater I don't use. I just put that in the bucket with the bottle to keep it heated, now I don't have to worry about swapping the water!

Soooo the 10 gallon heater isn't enough to keep it hot :p any other ideas? I mean it works, just want other ideas

That was my other choice but I'm broke man haha

I feel u im in the sane situation n the lil money I have im savin for either for another 75 for an angel tank or a bigger tank or a smaller that its been just sitting in the garage since late 09 and do that one the right way

today was not that chilly...
it will get warmer this week
but you should add a heater to your fish tank
that bucket of water with a heater sounds interesting but might not be practical
pretty soon you will be running the heater in your house, correct?
I wouldnt worry about it much until then

Sucks. I have an extra 10 gallon just sitting here empty that I wanna do work on but no dinero. I have to keep the girl happy too :p soo yeah lol

potatochobit said:
today was not that chilly...
it will get warmer this week
but you should add a heater to your fish tank
that bucket of water with a heater sounds interesting but might not be practical
pretty soon you will be running the heater in your house, correct?
I wouldnt worry about it much until then

Well the highest it'll be this week where I'm at is at least 76° and the lowest at night 40°. And I do have a heater for my fish tank. I use to keep the bottle near the windows to keep them warm but now the cold chill is coming in and its been getting really windy making it even colder so I had to move the bottles.

Ima have to get the heating pads or getting the co2 to keep going will be tough.

Wichita falls Texas. I have one on the floor and one in the bucket with a 10 gallon heater.

I know, its kinda hard haha its got me frustrated

The bottle in the bucket works great, its just that I can't adjust the heater higher than 74°

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom