do i overstocked?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sayan

Aquarium Advice Freak
I just start with my 78 gallon today 42"x18"x24" I shift my 2 albino oscar 2 golden severum, 1 pleco, 2 argus, 1 loach in it. All of dem r just juveniles. Want to add 2 firemouth here. Just want to know do I overstocking my tank? Or I can add them and even more?please give suggessions. Thanx

I agree as well. If you lose both oscars you will be in much better shape. Or you could lose all the other fish and keep one Oscar. That's assuming you are up to the task of maintaining the water for an Oscar.

5x5 said:
I agree as well. If you lose both oscars you will be in much better shape. Or you could lose all the other fish and keep one Oscar. That's assuming you are up to the task of maintaining the water for an Oscar.

Its not hard work keeping oscars, I've got 2 you just need a good filter.

Good filtration is important, but it's not going to address the nitrate issue associated with large oscars. I change the water weekly in my large tank and I still get solid nitrate readings. They simply have a large bioload and are messy with food.

it's not hard to keep them alive, I mean it's hard to keep them in a nice environment where they thrive. You can tell by the number of large oscars returned to the LFS with hith/hlle, that many owners aren't able to maintain the environment good enough.

@ Mumma of two, yup I cycle my tank and using power filters... thanx for those link.nice and helpfull.

@ 5x5 my oscars r just bout 3" in size. Even I do the water change bt not everyweek.thanx for the info.

Back
Top Bottom