Doug's 250, now 300, in wall build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm in a similar boat until I move. Awful water that has cow manure that leaks from a corn field into spring and cistern. There are literally chunks stuck to the old filters.

i've never checked mine but ours is pretty bad also, my town is fed of of wells and we get the nice red iron rings around our toilets. when i change my RO/DI filters my pre filters are rust coloured.

by the end of the year we will have city water, but still for a town full of multi million dollar houses to have the crap water we have is just wrong

I have city water. It's just that this township doesn't know diddly about how to produce clean water. When i bought this house 2 years ago I got a letter in the mail from the township labeled "second notice" and it said that my water used to have E. Coli in it (from human feces) and some other stuff I can't remember.....but they said they corrected that, and that we shouldn't have trouble any more but if we do, to call the water dept. and they will come out and test it.
My water stains the toilet and tub very quickly, and it smells like chlorine. Oddly enough though, if I leave it in the dog bowl just over night, the next morning it will have a skin coat on the surface like it went stagnant. Freaky.

I have city water. It's just that this township doesn't know diddly about how to produce clean water. When i bought this house 2 years ago I got a letter in the mail from the township labeled "second notice" and it said that my water used to have E. Coli in it (from human feces) and some other stuff I can't remember.....but they said they corrected that, and that we shouldn't have trouble any more but if we do, to call the water dept. and they will come out and test it.
My water stains the toilet and tub very quickly, and it smells like chlorine. Oddly enough though, if I leave it in the dog bowl just over night, the next morning it will have a skin coat on the surface like it went stagnant. Freaky.
thats friggen gross

yeah we don't have an issue with that although if you leave it in a bowl or bottle and it evaporates you can ee a creamy bit of resedue, not alot but still there. i only drink RO or bottled water, i have a 5 stage in my kitchen and a 6 stage DI for my reef. if i had a freshwater i would probably just take a tap off before my RO membrane as freshwater needs some minerals that the RO membrane pulls out that our salt mixes have.

either way its RO or bottled, though they say RO and distilled are not always good for human consumption as you don't get the minerals that the water may have that the body can use, so if you do drink RO or distilled take a daily multi vitamin

Sorry, orange soda.

Yeah right!!!! ..... Boy,..I thought San Diego water sucked but after hearing you guys talk about your water ,.suddenly , San Diego water is starting to feel like pure mountain stream water,.... I remember an old girl friend who lived bout twenty miles from here,...her water was almost pure white coming out of the tap,....scary !!!

My Tds is around 106 with 114 psi. A lot if our local guys use the tap water with prime. But our water is from an aquifer and its real high in calcium.

jeeze 114 PSI thats huge pressure, does your RO filter work properly and if so i'm guessing you're making double the output lol so rather then 100gpd its more like 200

I have a five stage spectra pure and they told me not to run the stock system at that high of pressure. But do run it at 80 psi per the gauge but I do get 2:1 ratio. They have a kit for higher pressure which I will upgrade to when I go to buy new filters. They said I would get 1:1 ratio.

Back
Top Bottom