dwarf puffer?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
you can put ghost shrimp with dwarf puffers... they are cheap, they are cute, they eat stuff on the floor and help clean your tank. and if for some reason you have a super aggressive fish and it kills one of them theyre really cheap.... but so far my dp has 2 ghost shrimp in a 10 gallon and they do fine the dp ignores them!

Is it difficult to tell them apart from dp when their young?
It shouldn't be. IMO, with the ones I have seen, they have very different patterns. Also, there is of course a size difference since gsp are often sold at sizes that dp never reach, but the pattern is the main thing to look at.

Had a friend of mine look at the walmart that was suppose to sell the dp and it sounds like they are actually GSP but found a much better official pet store thats closer to my place called Preuss pets in Lansing, MI. called them and they said they typically keep dp in stock. :) This place looks amazing and can't wait to make the trip out there in a few weeks.

On a side note I know that having PH at 7 is preferred for dp. I have rather hard water. will using a water filter help? or RO water? Also if I initially fill the tank with water that has a netural PH and but use my tap water with water conditioner for water changes will the PH still readjust to 7

Had a friend of mine look at the walmart that was suppose to sell the dp and it sounds like they are actually GSP but found a much better official pet store thats closer to my place called Preuss pets in Lansing, MI. called them and they said they typically keep dp in stock. :) This place looks amazing and can't wait to make the trip out there in a few weeks.
Awesome! Good thing you inured at WalMart. Like I said, I have seen that mis-identification there before. Good thing you found one at a better place though, it will probably be healthier than one form WalMart anyways. :)

I've heard a few people rave about that place and they look great online. If I were anywhere close, I'd definitely check them out. Forget about the Marts and Cos...

Back
Top Bottom