Dwarf Puffers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:cool:
Where does one find a dwarf puffer these days. difficult to find em' :(

You have to literally call every LFS within a 30 mile radius of where you live.

Its fun going to each place and seeing what each has to offer.

GuppyLover said:
I will soon have a new 10 gal and once I cycle I was wondering if I would be able to put a dwarf puffer in . I always feel bad and want to rescue one from walmart when I see them chasing there tail in circles.

They sell GSP, not DP and the reason they look like they're ready to die (lethargic) is because GSP are brackish water fish and wally world like to torture them by keeping them in FW.

Online fish worry me :/ i wish my lfs stocked them or at least would special order

I got my dwarf puffers from thatpetplace.com - one fish did not survive transport and they refunded me immediately. The others are thriving and happy. I was very pleased with the transaction overall.

Shark_Bait said:
i heard they like to eat (not the plants) but organisms that grow off live plants

Yes they like to eat snails that come with them. Actually they need about one snail per week. They also eat brine shrimp and black worms but I think you'll find out your Puffers preferences when you get him (either through store or online) :)

doublenerds said:
I got my dwarf puffers from thatpetplace.com - one fish did not survive transport and they refunded me immediately. The others are thriving and happy. I was very pleased with the transaction overall.

Im 2 hours away from that place, ill have to try and run out there.

Good luck with that and if you do manage to obtain one post pictures of the happy little puffer:)

AquaKai said:
Yes they like to eat snails that come with them. Actually they need about one snail per week. They also eat brine shrimp and black worms but I think you'll find out your Puffers preferences when you get him (either through store or online) :)

Yes they EAT snails. Not all live plants come with snails. They do not NEED snails. Sure it wears down their teeth, but dwarf puffers don't show a problem with overgrown teeth like other puffer specimens.

Back
Top Bottom