Dying yellow tang

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I taught myself how to it's not to hard and it cheaper than buying it. I'm a poor college kid so I learned it as a way to make money

Hate to be the bearer of bad news but he`s not going to get much better in that size tank. From looking at the picture I can prettyy well tell he`s suffering from HLLE and it`s brought on by a few reasons one being the stress from too small a tank. I am very concerned about your yellow tang and I think the quicker you can get the bigger tank the better he will be. Here is an article on HLLE.

Marine Head & Lateral Line Erosion: A Description of the Syndrome and a Review of its Speculated Causes by Steven Pro - Reefkeeping.com

You can believe all you want. The facts are the facts. I know it`s a crude statement but they always say you can spit in one hand and hope in the other hand and see which one fills up first. The small tank is contributing to this disease for your tang. There is no doubt about that. You cant tell by the deterioation of the top fin. Unless you can take care of the problem it still will exist. Not trying to be ugly just want you to know what will happen. I dont consider myself an expert but I have raised tangs for many years. I recently had my yellow tang of 13+ yrs die during Hurricane Irene. I also had two other tangs that were 8 and 10 yrs old. They did not reach these ages by "believing". They did reach them by doing what needed to be done.

I got him a day ago the top fin is from another fish go back to page one and read that description but you are right I mean i want to upgrade asap and I am looking for people to take him but I have no money to upgrade yet I am working two jobs trying to pay for school the tank was a gift and the tang was diying when I got him now he is doing much better

First off the fish is eating and recovering, is the tank small yeah but so are QT tanks and hospital tanks and fish live in those for multiple weeks. Guy is working on a bigger tank or said he was going to rehome it to a bigger tank once it's recovered.

So dude... kudos to you on being humane and caring for other life that can't care for itself. *high-five*

Last edited by a moderator:
maxst2 said:
lordy tang police give it a rest.

First off the fish is eating and recovering, is the tank small yeah but so are QT tanks and hospital tanks and fish live in those for multiple weeks. Guy is working on a bigger tank or said he was going to rehome it to a bigger tank once it's recovered.

So dude... kudos to you on being humane and caring for other life that can't care for itself. *high-five*

I agree. Hes saving this fish and he deserves probs for that alone

I just got home from work and my crab had my tang in his claws and was trying to eat him I saved him but he is beat up and him membrane on his eye is cut open he is alive but I'm freaking out guys I'm almost in tears

It's an arrow crab my LFS said he was the best for my tank and he would and couldnt eat my tang I'm livid

That lfs is not a good place to get advice from anymore! Is ur tang still swimming around? Can he see?

Jawaits said:
I just got home from work and my crab had my tang in his claws and was trying to eat him I saved him but he is beat up and him membrane on his eye is cut open he is alive but I'm freaking out guys I'm almost in tears

The crab might've just been scavenging on an unhealthy fish..... I don't think an arrow crab could be able to catch any tang..

Hey is scrached up but what worked me is his eye the membrane is cut open and he is rubbing it on the glass but u can see the membrane peeled back

It's only one eye so ya but man am I freaking possed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom