Dying yellow tang

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks guys for your support and your prayers ya it's hard lossing this battle but he is right and next time I'll be prepared I'll have a larger setup but just for the record I did my research before I got him I spend 18 hours reading and talking to people and I found that a young tang like the one I had would thrive in a 20 gal because he would be forced to be close to a food source in this case a alge clip large scale aquariums will do the same thing but with smaller tanks Newport put a panther grouper in a 10 gallon to save it and get it to eat I did all I can and I will never stop saving animals from bad situations or people for that matter ya I've won dome battles and lost some but I will never give up never give in because I am a steward of this earth and I believe In acting like one google that

Idk I didn't want to be left out... But I agree with Mr_X though. What was trying to be done was noble, but the tang still died, and it was on your dime. Now another tang will be bought and the same thing will happen. Let the store have to deal with a dead tang, they might get out of business if they're stupid enough not to take care of their livestock.

mr_X said:
the road to **** is paved with "good intentions"- google that.. i'm not trying to be pleased, i'm trying to give readers a new perspective on this situation.
the tang died anyway. no one saved anything-is precisely my point.

Yeah and if he did survive you'll still be giving the guy a hard time about the size of the tank! That's precisely my point.

Yeah and if he did survive you'll still be giving the guy a hard time about the size of the tank! That's precisely my point.
umm..but it didn't!

Thanks guys for your support and your prayers ya it's hard lossing this battle but he is right and next time I'll be prepared I'll have a larger setup but just for the record I did my research before I got him I spend 18 hours reading and talking to people and I found that a young tang like the one I had would thrive in a 20 gal because he would be forced to be close to a food source in this case a alge clip large scale aquariums will do the same thing but with smaller tanks Newport put a panther grouper in a 10 gallon to save it and get it to eat I did all I can and I will never stop saving animals from bad situations or people for that matter ya I've won dome battles and lost some but I will never give up never give in because I am a steward of this earth and I believe In acting like one google that
i would love to read the study done that proved a yellow tang would thrive in a 20 gallon tank. please post it here so we can all learn something brand new. this is amazing new information! up till now, all of us idiots thought they needed big tanks!
if you are a steward of this earth, then you would want to save marine life. keeping fish stores in business will not save any marine life. buying that fish from that allegedly sub-standard store allowed them to purchase more fish was not in the earth's best interest.
how is this helping the earth?
riding a bike to work and growing your own food would go further. that's a fact.

U know what man you win I'm sick of arguing with you it's pointless why don't you start a fish store and take over America and shut down all the LFS that don't take care of fish and take everyones "small" tanks thanks so much for you input im so glad u care enough to contribute

your opinion is noted. mine is- he should have known that fish would not survive in a 20, when he pulled out the money to pay for it. a tremendous amount of fish are killed by hobbyists' lack of research. i believe that should be stressed.
a big reason i'm out of the livestock business is because i was not willing to sell to folks unless they had the correct accommodations.
I agree 1000% with that statement. It's what gives the marine hobby a bad name.

please don't post hearsay as truth. other people are reading this.
i don't want to start a fish store because it directly and indirectly kills living creatures.

i will post my points as you will. you would rather everyone agree with whatever you say? why the anger?

Ok I have been following along in this an thought I would jump in. All arguing aside let's get some facts down straight. He did have good intentions of saving a fish. Yeah the lfs is very bad and should not be selling the fish any ways. A better action would have been to talk to the manager and explain why this tang is not going to make it. Tangs need large tanks to survive and be healthy, yes you can place them in a small tank, yes they will live but like what mr.x said he will die and it dose cause tremendous stress. Think of it like putting a full grown black lab dog into a cage that is just big enough to fit and keep him in there. It is just plain cruel to the fish. What we should all learn from this is to take action and try to prevent things like this happening before they do.

And as Tom post a great point lets close this thread out. Many points have been expressed and I`m sure the OP is grateful but when name calling happens then it`s time to close the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom