Easiest Fish to Keep - new 55 Gal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I already am feeding very little. I am a bit worried about whether or not the Neon Tetras are getting enough food, but I will make sure to feed as little as possible...

Yep, I am going to get a 55 gallon freshwater aquarium soon. I think you have heard what my stocking list is going to be. I don't know what else I will add to it later, and I can't decide what other fish to put with

1-2 Gouramis
6 MALE Mollies
12 Neon Tetras
6 Corydoras catfish

I know that I have already asked for what else I should get with this tank, but Hopefully I can get a few more opinions...

phoenixkiller said:
Yep, I am going to get a 55 gallon freshwater aquarium soon. I think you have heard what my stocking list is going to be. I don't know what else I will add to it later, and I can't decide what other fish to put with

1-2 Gouramis
6 MALE Mollies
12 Neon Tetras
6 Corydoras catfish

I know that I have already asked for what else I should get with this tank, but Hopefully I can get a few more opinions...

How about apistos? Another school of tetras? A cool bottom feeder like a peacock eel, kuhli loaches, or pleco?

phoenixkiller said:
Ok, what is some helpful tips on how to care for them?
What are they fed?
Tank size?
Tankmates?
Water parameters?

Peacock eels? Or fires?

phoenixkiller said:
Ok, what is some helpful tips on how to care for them?
What are they fed?
Tank size?
Tankmates?
Water parameters?

Fed bloodworms, live worms, and pellets

Tank size, at least a 40 gallon for an adult IMO

Water perimeters, as good as you can get them!!

Also, they are jumpers so NO holes.

The topic of this thread is stocking the OP's 55 gallon FW tank. Please stay on topic. If you would like to chit chat, that's fine- we have a chat room for that. Thank you.

I have also read that they are known for escaping tanks and being found dead and crusted on kitchen floors... Is there any type of lid or method of securing the hood so that there is no chance of him escaping?

phoenixkiller said:
I have also read that they are known for escaping tanks and being found dead and crusted on kitchen floors... Is there any type of lid or method of securing the hood so that there is no chance of him escaping?

Just make sure there are no holes. Use wire, mesh, plastic..anything! Just tape it down

Some would say that the neon tetras could possibly be eaten, and i agree if the tetras are super small but my eel has never shown any agression towards my tetras.

Of course. There are many many differant types of tetras that are all non agressive and big enough to be safe from the eel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom