egg crate

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

steve r

Aquarium Advice FINatic
does egg crate diffuse light? i just got a new wrasse. he is in a coverd QT right not but the back of my main is open. i am deciding if i want to seal the back of the canopy with egg crate or place it over the tank

steve r

I never noticed it diffusing light but I only use it on my sump. Haven't seen it under halides.

What do you need it for. I dont see any jumpers in your signature. I believe the light would be diffused a little from all the lines in the eggcrate . Just IMO

Just a thought. Wouldn't those lights of yours melt the egg crate?

Depending on the clearance of course. Even if it's on the back side of the canopy I think the heat is going to be pretty darn hot that close to the lights.

melosu58, i just got a new wrasse. he is in QT right now. that info is in the original post.

dscount, my clearence is currently about 12" i am going to lower it a couple of inches, but i can hold my hand about 3 inches from the MH for eternity and not feel like it is too warm. i would assume that is not too warm to melt plastic.

steve r

Back
Top Bottom