Evans 40 Gallon Reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
FTS as of today!

Im really happy with how things are going. I have a little empty space in some spots that I may fill later on with some coral, but as of now Im gonna keep things simple like this!

Nice looking shrimp! I had one as a hitchhiker once but it was the dull colored one. Your little guy has great markings. I've seen one of those peacocks 12"-14" long before and when they get that big they pack a pretty big punch. Enjoy!

It'll get there tex settle down! Lol. My frogspawn grew fairly quickly for a coral. Watching growth is fun to me.

I knooooow i just want it huge and centered now! lol thats a gorgeous tank evan, im extremely jealous.

my hammer grows a new head about every 6 months ,

I knooooow i just want it huge and centered now!

Well you could just go out and pick up a bigger one so you don't have to wait !!!
But the waiting is half the fun :D

Well you could just go out and pick up a bigger one so you don't have to wait !!!

Oh that makes sense I set up my tank in August haha.. Mine started small and grew much larger but has not grown a new head yet

i dont have $200 to drop on a huge hammer :nono: or i would own one by now :facepalm:

Waiting is half the fun. Once it gets huge and you look back on a pic of when you first got it when it was tiny...you get a really good feeling of success and accomplishment. Or at least I do.

Waiting is half the fun. Once it gets huge and you look back on a pic of when you first got it when it was tiny...you get a really good feeling of success and accomplishment. Or at least I do.

This is the growth I made in about 3 months and looking back I don't even remember it being that small haha

Attachments

• image-3334497017.jpg
    image-3334497017.jpg
    128.1 KB · Views: 108
  • image-3152675030.jpg
    image-3152675030.jpg
    135.7 KB · Views: 106
wow $200. thats out of control , I know some prices are crazy for corals
I just started to get big corals not frags any more they always fall into rocks
I don't like moving rocks around because I never get them back in right
so god knows how many coral are growing under the rocks
I just got a 4 head dunkin , 6inch galixcy coral , 5inch rock of waving hand xiena all for a $100. now waiting for things to open up , if you see a price on the coral do what I do find 3 or 4 you like take the cheapest prices add them up and say I'll give you x amount for these I always save around a $100. or so I love to haggle

wow $200. thats out of control , I know some prices are crazy for corals
I just started to get big corals not frags any more they always fall into rocks
I don't like moving rocks around because I never get them back in right
so god knows how many coral are growing under the rocks
I just got a 4 head dunkin , 6inch galixcy coral , 5inch rock of waving hand xiena all for a $100. now waiting for things to open up , if you see a price on the coral do what I do find 3 or 4 you like take the cheapest prices add them up and say I'll give you x amount for these I always save around a $100. or so I love to haggle

Life Pro Tip!

I think ill try that soon, I'm gonna look inti some orange and red corals and that gets pricey fast.. lol :facepalm:

Haha mines actually 2 pieces glued together! Ones 4 heads and ones like 9-10 heads. Some corals thrive in tanks and frogspawn thankfully thrives in mine. It has grown a lot lately!! I've had it for about ... 6-8 months! :) and has almost doubled in size!!

Back
Top Bottom