Fill out a red tailed shark

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

micaiah12

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey just a quick question. What can I feed my red tailed shark so his color will come out? I have cucumber and I drop one in once a week. Do I need to feed him more vegetation?

the red tail shark is an Omnivore and primarily a scavenger. They will go after most of what you put in the tank including flakes, live and freeze dried foods. try some freeze dried krill for the color to pop

Some people might disagree but my rainbow shark used to have the best colour when he ate some meat. I used to but a tiny bit of raw bacon and he went mental for it, his fins would become a deep red and his body a nice silky black. I only did this a few times however but his colour always deepened after some sort of meaty snack.

Raw as in uncooked, And it obviously done him no harm as he went from an inch to 4.5 inches now and is at home in a bigger tank than mine. Still alive and still doing great, one of the nicest fish, along you can provide the space.

I just wouldn't recommend folks feed their fish salted smoked meats. That's all.

Off topic posts have been deleted. If you want to discuss bacon, I'm sure there are forums out there to do so... but it's not going to happen here. If this thread goes off topic again, it will be closed.

My shark is doing great. I gave him some cucumber and he loved it. I still haven't got krill yet, but I'm planning on it.

When I had my shark, he had beautiful coloration and he got bloodworms, plankton, mysis shrimp, shrimp pellets, algae wafers and flake food.

Back
Top Bottom