Filter???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
IMO I really can't see a 406 on anything less than 50g without a spray bar of some sort. The 406 on my 55 with the standard output really moves some water. I don't know why aqadvisor put you at 99%, I think a 306 would be great

IMO I really can't see a 406 on anything less than 50g without a spray bar of some sort. The 406 on my 55 with the standard output really moves some water. I don't know why aqadvisor put you at 99%, I think a 306 would be great

Thanks. I kind of thought that myself but wanted to check !!!!! I did some more researching today on the 306. And definitely think the 306 is the one i want to get but didn't know if the 406 would be better or if it is way to much...

I have the 406 because I plan to upgrade to a larger tank soon, if you're planning to upgrade to a tank bigger than 55 gallons the. I'd say get the 406 and do a DIY spray bar of some sort. If you're planning to keep your tank or upgrade to a tank no bigger than a 60g I would think a 306 would do just fine(I say 60 gallon for a 306 because its skinny)

I plan on upgrading to a 55 or 60 gallon some day but not sure how soon. It may be a year or so.

Fluval sells a cheap spray bar and you can drill mire holes in it to lessen the flow. That's what I did. You can adjust its flow a little on the filter itself too. But go with your gut feeling.

Fluval sells a cheap spray bar and you can drill mire holes in it to lessen the flow. That's what I did. You can adjust its flow a little on the filter itself too. But go with your gut feeling.

I haven't seen this, that is good to know for sure. Guess I'm gonna look for that too!

I haven't seen this, that is good to know for sure. Guess I'm gonna look for that too!

Knowing that i may definitely consider the 406 so that way when I do decide to upgrade to a larger tank. I will already have a good filter !!!!

Knowing that i may definitely consider the 406 so that way when I do decide to upgrade to a larger tank. I will already have a good filter !!!!

Sounds like a plan, most people say the more filtration the better, I agree, to a point. An fx5 would be too much filtration for a ten gallon haha, I'm thinking a whirlpool hahah

Haha yea. But if I could definitely could do the 406 if i could find a spray bar. I think. What do you think ?

The guy at the LFS contacted his Hagan rep and the fluval spray bar has been discontinued and they are out of them completely. So just and fyi. Looks like i may be going with the 306.

I had a brilliant idea today, I've been looking for the old spraybar everywhere too. So here's what I did, I ordered 1 package of fluval 90 degree hose bends, 1 package of fluvals rubber hose connectors for ribbed tubing, and a replacement intake tube! I'll cap the tube with something like a PVC end cap, and I'll drill holes in the intake tube, then ill use the 90 degree bend and voila! Fluval spraybar haha. That may have been hard to follow but it all comes in the mail on Thursday so ill put it all together and post pictures too. I'll let you guys know how it turns out. It all ended up costing about $29 so pretty cheap in my eyes, worth a shot!

Yeah, in the second link I posted there are the basic parts if you scroll down. Just no elbows. I have mine vertically coming from the rubber connector that came with the filter. Except I replaced the connectors with black ones from Amazon. I drilled a few extra holes in the tube to lessen the flow a little.

Back
Top Bottom