Finally my tank has cycled!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

electrocutioner

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Any suggestions for compatible fish?
All 4 of my platies and 6 of my rasbosas survived and appear healthy,thanks to careful monitoring and copious water changes.
I hav a 30 gal tank with live plants.
I'm thinking some plecos or catfish,shark,gouramis,or cichlid(I understand they are pretty smart,as far as fish go),maybe a cleaning invertebrate.I'd like a single or pair of exotic fish that could sort of be a central figure in the tank community.

In a 30 gal tank, you could have a specialty pleco (meaning not a common pleco) that stays pretty small. There are many that stay under 5 inches. If you get a common pleco or one that doesn't stay small, they will reach up to 18 inches in length. Way too big for a 30 gal. In regards to the cleaning invertebrates, how about some ghost shrimp? They are community "fish" and are great cleaners.

Well,I was out this morning with my wife,and made the mistake of going by Al's without doing my homework (and bringing my wife :lol: ).
Hope these work out....
3 juvenile tri color sharks-my wife got it into her head that she had to have them.I know they get awful big,but the manager told me they grow slowly,and that they could be returned for store credit when they out grow the tank...
1 Geophagus braziliensis cichlid.An awfully cool fish.Thats about all I know about it so far....
1 vampire shrimp.He looked pretty cool in the store.I will remember him fondly,as he seems to have vanished in the plants.I wonder if I'll ever catch a glimps of him again.

We had wanted to get some kissing gouramis,but the lfs manager said they would eat the live plants.Actually I'm looking at the plants now,and they have been growing like weeds in there,I actually wouldn't mind SOMETHING in there that would keep them somewhat trimmed without decimating them.
Was also looking at the elephant nose fish,but was told to wait till the tank has gotten more mature.Maybe I'll just get the specialty plecos instead.

Back
Top Bottom