Finally: Uprading to 120g Reef - Build Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
coffeetwitch said:
Awesome. All the "whining" and "complaining" and waiting paid off!

Yes :) I'm still so hyped
I was scared of checking the levels bc of the fishies, but it has been great :) and my DSB is just AMAZING lol

The algae is just so ugly, can't wait for it to die off

My super amazing deep sand bed is in my DT and sump/refugium LOL it's 4.5-5" in DT and 6" in refugium. I could not decide where to put it and figured "hey, the more the better" and placed it in both LOL

Receiving Shipment of CUC and other stuff is delayed until Friday. I had added some more stuff so everything got delayed. John is being great at making sure I'm satisfied, so I don't mind The delay... It's partially my fault anyways ;)

I did not have a great experience with reefcleaners (he didn't get my order, but paypal did. Odd...) but I will be giving them a second chance when I get my CUC for my 29 biocube. Which will be months away.

Greenturtle said:
I did not have a great experience with reefcleaners (he didn't get my order, but paypal did. Odd...) but I will be giving them a second chance when I get my CUC for my 29 biocube. Which will be months away.

Sorry to hear that. My experience has been great so far, and usually I do not advertise too much unless I'm really satisfied and think others could benefit. If I were you make sure to shoot John an email with any questions or concerns, he is really good about answering promptly. They get A LOT of orders and I'm surprised about their customer service considering the amount of orders they handle... Hope they never get too big though, we all know how that story goes...

Sorry as well, they where great for me too. I would definitely not be afraid to offset from them again. I need a cuc for the 40g

Unicorn said:
Sorry to hear that. My experience has been great so far, and usually I do not advertise too much unless I'm really satisfied and think others could benefit. If I were you make sure to shoot John an email with any questions or concerns, he is really good about answering promptly. They get A LOT of orders and I'm surprised about their customer service considering the amount of orders they handle... Hope they never get too big though, we all know how that story goes...

I agree that he was great. Replied in 12 hours or less. It was just a technical error and got my refund. I just haven't needed a CUC yet. The one I got for my 90 gallon was from saltwaterfish.com. If you get a CUC, you get free shipping on everything, so that nearly paid for itself. Plus I got some corals, a longnose Hawkfish, and a DOA bicolor blenny.

Greenturtle said:
I agree that he was great. Replied in 12 hours or less. It was just a technical error and got my refund. I just haven't needed a CUC yet. The one I got for my 90 gallon was from saltwaterfish.com. If you get a CUC, you get free shipping on everything, so that nearly paid for itself. Plus I got some corals, a longnose Hawkfish, and a DOA bicolor blenny.

Where u satisfied with ur saltwaterfish shipment? Thinking of ordering from them. (sorry for the hijack)

Their corals are amazing. My $25 colt coral, in a few weeks, has grown basketball sized. I would order from them. Their customer service is pretty good, about average. If their prices are cheaper than LA, go for it.

Kio707 said:
Where u satisfied with ur saltwaterfish shipment? Thinking of ordering from them. (sorry for the hijack)

No problem ;)

I actually got my sun coral from them. Its great, did not have any problems either and it came with cool hitchhikers

Unicorn said:
No problem ;)

I actually got my sun coral from them. Its great, did not have any problems either and it came with cool hitchhikers

Almost got the black version of ur corals from LA... Saltwater only has the orange ones...

Added a small dendrophyllia today and a finger leather coral :) we just could not resist. Will post pictures tomorrow

Kio707 said:
Almost got the black version of ur corals from LA... Saltwater only has the orange ones...

Don't like the black ones too much, they look kinda weird LOL

Back
Top Bottom