First SW Tank: Nano 24g

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
joy13 said:
Since it looks like you have a little way to go on your cycle you can change your SG without to much of a problem it might make the cycle last a little longer but in the long run it will be better for your tank.

Ok thanks. What's a good level to keep it at?

I keep mine at 1.025 but some people keep theirs as low as 1.022 or as high as 1.026.

joy13 said:
I keep mine at 1.025 but some people keep theirs as low as 1.022 or as high as 1.026.

Ok I'll get on that right now :)

So does anybody know how much alpha conditioner I should use?

K so after a water change I got salinity to 1.027 and ran out of ro water, I'll finish tomorrow. New test results; pH 8.0, ammo .50, rites 1.0, rates 40

So what should I do for the filter? Eventually I wanna do a refugium but that'll have to wait. Right now first chamber has sponges, second chamber has sponge at bottom then heater skimmer and some live rock rubble. Third chamber just had outflow pump. I'm planning to get a little more live rock rubble to put in. Should I also get carbon? I've heard of people doing that with live rock

I run chemi pure elite in my tanks, it is something you might want to look into the pros and the cons of.

So after I got the SG to normal the levels are; ammo .25, rites 0, rates 0-5

Idk how much was from the water change though

So new test results all came out at 0. But need to remember I did water changes to get SG down yesterday and day before.

What should I do now?

So I put in a small chunk of shrimp to get ammonia going

But anyway, im starting to think about fish so I know what I want/can have. I want one clown for sure and I like bangaii cardinals and that would occupy the top/middle of the tank. I also really like the spotted mandarin goby but after some research it looks like that's not a good idea. So any other suggestions? And then once I figure out what fish I want I need to figure what order I will put them in the tank. Any input would be appreciated

carey said:
How about a yellow watchman goby or a firefish? I have both and they are cool fish. :)

I was thinking about a yellow watchman goby, they seem like they have fun personalities :)
What would be a good fish to start with?

So I have a question. Does it make a difference if the shrimp I put in to help cycle it is part cooked? Haha I just realized it came precooked

Any idea what those tiny little grey dots on the shrimp are. They are moving around and they are everywhere on the tank sides

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20111128_135317.jpg
    ForumRunner_20111128_135317.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 108
Back
Top Bottom