First SW Tank: Nano 24g

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
carey said:
I've read if you put two different colored montis together they can merge together and make a really cool coral. :) haven't tried it yet as I only have a huge green cap for now. I haven't seen phenomenal growth out of my hammer, but it has grown a new head or two so thats good news. They are just so awesome, I can't decide if I like the hammer, torch or frogspawn the best, but I like my flowy corals that's for sure. :)

I saw a picture where a guy glued different green and red monti onto a plate and when it grew it was sooo cool! But ya, I agree about flowy corals being most interesting

So today i added a green birdsnest coral and a Mccoskers wrasse. Coral seems to be doing good so far. The fish was acclimated for 2 1/2 hours and swam around for probably 25 minutes once put in the tank but now its just staying in a small cave. I'm not to worried yet but ill keep a close eye

Oh ya and I got a free electric blue hermit crab that was hanging onto the coral plug, never even seen one before now

I am subbed on here for sure!
have the same tank but with the stock hood and no real plans for corals yet...
my tank!
59499-albums9095-picture35703.jpg

i only have the surface agitation on one side as of now until i get a replacement difusser(i made my own for now)
also the middle of the rock is one big cave with a small outlet on the left so they can hid but no matter what i will be able to find them :)
as of now i have 3 hermits and 2 snails

Nice nano, I am building a 55g reef and can't wait to start adding corals. That green and red monti looks very cool, thanks for posting that link.

qb6fire said:
I am subbed on here for sure!
have the same tank but with the stock hood and no real plans for corals yet...
my tank!

i only have the surface agitation on one side as of now until i get a replacement difusser(i made my own for now)
also the middle of the rock is one big cave with a small outlet on the left so they can hid but no matter what i will be able to find them :)
as of now i have 3 hermits and 2 snails

Nice tank! I'm exciting im feeling my tank is finally getting established and really healthy. In the last few weeks coraline and my corals have all started growing like crazy. What fish do you plan on getting?

kdpuffer said:
Nice nano, I am building a 55g reef and can't wait to start adding corals. That green and red monti looks very cool, thanks for posting that link.

Ya I thought it interesting, no problem

HairlessPotter said:
Nice tank! I'm exciting im feeling my tank is finally getting established and really healthy. In the last few weeks coraline and my corals have all started growing like crazy. What fish do you plan on getting?

Thank you yabi got my what i think is first sign if algae woohoo and i plan on 2 clowns i know classic beginner but i want to watch the growth and change in them from babies... and maybe a royal grama and yellow watchman gobby

Haha thats cool what do you have in the back of your tank? I have some filter floss in chamber 1 for now and heater in 2 and pump in 3

In the first I have the 2 sponges it came with but I rinse them out in ro water every week, the second has live rock rubble and heater and skimmer, third has pump and carbon

I have a 3 gal gas can with pre mixed water i use every few day for top off ha manual power

I'm running my tank open top and without an ato so salinity changes a decent amount. I think tomorrow im just gonna make a lid then I'll be fine because there won't be much evaporation. I think I'll also start dripping it in when I top off so it doesn't change quickly. Right now I lose about a half gallon a day.

Do they sell pre made glass tops for nano cube? I was going to just call a glass place and see how much it would be to cut me a piece or just make it out of plexi glass

Back
Top Bottom