Fish ID Please - Pics

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

evercl92

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I need help identifying this guy. I got him (unknowingly, as it was quite small) in with some other fish that I purchased probably 2 months ago. I assume it's a guppy, but I've not seen such a clear-cut color pattern. Color spots are almost circular, not the normal guppy color-splash. I used a quick photoshop job on the last pic, to try to show some contrast.

Looks like a guppy mostly,
in pic 2 looks almost like a molly, or a killi of sorts.
THIS, calls for a SECOND OPINION!

endler was my first thought. They look a lot like guppies, but colors is mostly on the bodies, not the tail, and they are usually only about 1/2 inch.

Good find, i would love to have a couple, but can't find them locally.

I too think its an endler! at first I diddnt think so cause it doesnt have a lyrtail, but after looking at more pics I think it is!

Jchillin said:
Wild-type guppy = Endler's livebearer. It looks almost like a ghost endler.
i thought they were different species... :?

Poecilia reticulata SEEN HERE

vs

Poecilia wingei SEEN HERE

that being said, and correct me if i'm wrong but i think most "Endlers" we find in the LFS are actually guppy hybrids...

Thanks for the assist people.

The Poecilia reticulata looks closer to what it actually looks like. Doesn't seem as "shiney" as the endler. It has a sky blue colored dot near the tail, under the darker dot. The pictures dont really show that all that well, though you can kinda see it in the first pic. It also doesn't have any markings on the tail, though it may grow into it.

Back
Top Bottom