Fish species in risk ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

athens.asad

Aquarium Advice Regular
Currently in my 100 g tank I have 2 fully grown tiger barbs 4" , 2 albino tiger barbs, 1 green barb , 2 medium danasoni barbs, 2 cherry barbs, 4 clown loaches 3" in size , 5 yoyo loach , 2 leopard loach , 4 kuhli loaches, 10 guppies, 2 small bosemani rainbow, 3 angel fishes 3inches, 1 red cap oranda 5 " inch, 1 ranchu gold fish , 1 Corey albino cat , 1 emperor fish , 1 male betta,1 huge algae eater Siamese,2 neon tetras ,1 blue gourami, 1 rainbow 1 pearl gourami and 1 red fully grown crayfish, Surprising I have tamed the tiger barbs ...initially they were blood thirsty for the gold fishes . I kept them in a small 10 g aquarium for 1 week and later released them in my tank . Now they ignore every fish and are busy amongst them. Plenty of food and hiding places...all are very happy now .can you suggest which ones are at risk in future?

Currently in my 100 g tank I have 2 fully grown tiger barbs 4" , 2 albino tiger barbs, 1 green barb , 2 medium danasoni barbs, 2 cherry barbs, 4 clown loaches 3" in size , 5 yoyo loach , 2 leopard loach , 4 kuhli loaches, 10 guppies, 2 small bosemani rainbow, 3 angel fishes 3inches, 1 red cap oranda 5 " inch, 1 ranchu gold fish , 1 Corey albino cat , 1 emperor fish , 1 male betta,1 huge algae eater Siamese,2 neon tetras ,1 blue gourami, 1 rainbow 1 pearl gourami and 1 red fully grown crayfish, Surprising I have tamed the tiger barbs ...initially they were blood thirsty for the gold fishes . I kept them in a small 10 g aquarium for 1 week and later released them in my tank . Now they ignore every fish and are busy amongst them. Plenty of food and hiding places...all are very happy now .can you suggest which ones are at risk in future?

This stocking is really all over the charts, with not only aggression but in also in their basic needs. First, no goldfish should ever be in an angel tank because of the water temp, goldfish are cold water while everything else in this tank is tropical.
Alright, next you have many fish that need to be in schools of at least 5 as such as your cherry barbs, neon tetras, rainbows and Cory cats.
Alright, now having three angels is asking for trouble when their full grown. If two pair off they will harass everything in their territory an possibly harass the other angel to death.
Now on crawfish, I've never been comfortable putting one in a tank with fast moving fish (unless it was a dwarf orange cray) now putting one in with fish that have long flowy fins, is jut a waiting game.
Gourmai and angelfish usally don't mix in aquaria as there both predators an inhabit the same space do that will also be an issue

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

100 gallon tank is too small for clown loaches, need to rehome them. They will outgrow your tank and at adult size may eat your guppies, cherry barbs, and neon tetras.

What is a "leopard loach"? Scientific name, or a photo?

Everything that cgthebeast said is correct, so listen to him. I'm just focusing on loach problems here.

Nevermind I figured it out

Delivered via owl
Ministry of Magic

I'll be interested in hearing how this is going in 1 year!:facepalm:
Any research done or just getting whatever they have and throwing it in there?:whistle:

Everything CG said +1000!

All over the place only begins to describe!
Can you /are you interested in sorting this out(re homing fish)?
Is this for real?
How did you end up with these fish?:popcorn:

I plugged your stock in aqadvisor and this is what I got.
AquStockImage.php

Notice that estimated stock level- over 200%. You have got to rehome a lot of fish if you'd like to make this tank work out in the long term.

Aqadvisor also listed the following problems/incompatabilities in your stock:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-05-30 at 6.27.48 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2015-05-30 at 6.27.48 PM.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 73
  • Screen Shot 2015-05-30 at 6.27.59 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2015-05-30 at 6.27.59 PM.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 76
  • Screen Shot 2015-05-30 at 6.28.10 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2015-05-30 at 6.28.10 PM.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 71
Just reorganized to see this easier:

2 fully grown tiger barbs 4" ,
2 albino tiger barbs,
1 green barb ,
2 medium danasoni barbs,
2 cherry barbs,
4 clown loaches 3" in size ,
5 yoyo loach ,
2 leopard loach ,
4 kuhli loaches,
10 guppies,
2 small bosemani rainbow,
3 angel fishes 3inches,
1 red cap oranda 5 " inch,
1 ranchu gold fish ,
1 Corey albino cat ,
1 emperor fish ,
1 male betta,
1 huge algae eater Siamese,
2 neon tetras ,
1 blue gourami,
1 rainbow
1 pearl gourami
1 red fully grown crayfish

So I'll address this in stages, starting with schools.

The following fish need to be in schools of 5+. All of these are appropriate for your tank size, which means I have excluded anything that won't work like clown loaches.

Emperor tetra
Albino Cory
Neon tetra
Rainbows
Cherry barbs
Tiger barbs
Albino tiger barbs
Demasoni barbs
Green barbs
Khuli loaches

Fish that are inappropriate for the tank-
Betta
Clown loach
Crayfish
Goldfish, any breed

I recommend the following list of fish to get rid of, beyond the list above.

All gourami
Siamese algae eater
Loaches (minus khuli)
Neons if you want the angels to stay
Tiger barbs

What I recommend to keep in appropriate schools if necessary-

Angels
Khuli loaches
Demasoni barbs
Cories
Emperor tetras
Cherry barbs

Delivered via owl
Ministry of Magic

Aqadvisor also listed the following problems/incompatabilities in your stock:
I have never seen a list of issues so long!:nono:
I really think this all spam! One has to wonder?:eyes:
You (even I) would have had to work real hard to come up with much worse of a compatibility profile(E harmony rolls over in their grave!).:deadhorse:
Quick check of OP previous threads and I think I m out!
Good luck all!
I'll be reading along and biting my tongue from here out!

Thanks All ... Coral bandit -I agree the list is little long. @Sinibotia -leopard loach is Daria botia loach and yoyo is lohachata loach .i must add here there are 2 serpae tetra and 3 zebras as well . To be honest the fishes are doing fine now may be because they are young .ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1433069127.913817.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1433069171.764996.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1433069236.015323.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1433069283.750148.jpg

Regardless of compatability, you have too many fish. Adding in the botia dario and the other fish you just mentioned, your stocking is over 250%. Every single fish in that tank is at risk. I think you ought to follow the suggestions of emerald76. Otherwise, things are likely to end badly for all of those fish.

Regardless of compatability, you have too many fish. Adding in the botia dario and the other fish you just mentioned, your stocking is over 250%. Every single fish in that tank is at risk. I think you ought to follow the suggestions of emerald76. Otherwise, things are likely to end badly for all of those fish.

I couldn't agree more.

To be honest the fishes are doing fine now may be because they are young .

Well, it sounds like you have picked up on some issues already. It's just sorting it all out.

Do you have a preference on fish that you like? I like a planted tank with schools of fish with contrasting colours. Other times I've done a few large fish that have tonnes of personality.

Hi Delapool - Thanks for your reply . I am planning to make it an all barb tank .as I already have tiger, albino , green, cherry , Denison barb . Also the loaches go along well with the barbs. I will get rid of the angel, gold and betta fish as soon as possible .can a serpae tetra live with the barbs? Also I have a huge crawdad crayfish..can he be accountable for the missing fishes?ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1433236643.609839.jpg

That crayfish is more than likely the culprit, they should really not be kept with fish.
I second what others have said, you are very overstocked but if that crayfish stays then before long he'll be the only thing in the tank

Hi Delapool - Thanks for your reply . I am planning to make it an all barb tank .as I already have tiger, albino , green, cherry , Denison barb . Also the loaches go along well with the barbs. I will get rid of the angel, gold and betta fish as soon as possible .can a serpae tetra live with the barbs? Also I have a huge crawdad crayfish..can he be accountable for the missing fishes?View attachment 273103

Makes sense he would be (agree with above). I have tried keeping smaller crayfish with goldfish or tropicals and had to go with separate tanks. Even with large fish the crayfish will latch onto the tail finage.

I have serpae tetras at the moment and just increased the school from 8 to 18 as several had nipped fins. So off the cuff, I'd increase your schools of barbs instead (particularly the tiger barbs which are also nippy and need a good size school).

Copied in the aqadvisor link below which is fun to play with but also quite well thought out.

http://www.aqadvisor.com

Back
Top Bottom