Fish that should NOT be sold... or at least should come with a legal disclaimer.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i had the unfortunate task of NOT buying a 700g on craigslist the other day for $400! It was an lfs going out of business and wanting to sell it that day. I didnt have the money, or the room for it, but i wanted it sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo bad :( That would have made an awesome tank to put some of the odd ball fish that get too big for the normal home aquarium.

Man i wish I could afford a tank that big... imagine how many oscars and goldfish could go in there together...

None. They have different temp & diet preferences. ;)

lol, i don't know it worked in my 10g... Don't worry I have learned HN1. Man 700G that would be amazing... so many possibilities with a tank that big. Although I doubt any floors in my house could take that weight, maybe the basement...

lol i wouldnt be suprised if they said that would be fine .and maybe throw in a red tailed cat and some pacus maybe a few pirranas lol

3k33m13p55O25Qf5R59bk9029b5d5bd661391.jpg

I found this on craigslist in my area, it's kinda hard to tell but the poster claims that there's two "bottom feeders" in there, and that water is crazy looking to me.

I wouldn't have a problem with it if they inspected their new homes. But that would never happen so they shouldn't sell. Texas is considering a bill that would limit sales of fish to only native. Fish stores would not be able to even sell things to help you if you were to have something non native. Probably wont pass but there is a big fish dumping problem here.

the government has been trying to pass a bill or law or something prohibiting fish that arent native. Theyve been trying for quite some time with no success though, so hopefully that doesnt happen. They just need to make people understand the consequences of releasing non-native species.

the government has been trying to pass a bill or law or something prohibiting fish that arent native. Theyve been trying for quite some time with no success though, so hopefully that doesnt happen. They just need to make people understand the consequences of releasing non-native species.

That would stink in the worst way. I understand in some places such as no stingrays or piranhas in Florida because they can have a BIG impact on the eco system in Florida and the winter is not cold enough to kill them off. But other species that aren't so dangerous to humans and the environment i hope they let us keep. I would think that it would be really stupid for up north.

Back
Top Bottom