Fishless Cycle--Done

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah sorry about that. A little typo.

Thanks

Also, should I start dosing ammonia or wait until it almost bottoms out?

I forgot to mention that I went to the mall with my friends and stopped by Petsmart. Now, I will be going to a place called Selmer's Petland for my fish, but I thought I'd take a look while near Petsmart. I was looking around and asked someone about the seed material. The lady said, "All of our fish representatives are busy at the moment." So I was just like..."Can I just get some of the gravel from one of your tanks because I am doing something called cycling and it'd help me out." Lady:"I don't think we're allowed to do that." So, I just said alright and walked away to go look at fish. I don't know where the hell all the "fish reps" were but whatever. I didn't even know that Petsmart had fish representatives. When I was looking at the fish, I saw a few that I liked. Selmer's has a larger selection, but I found a few that I definitely want. I am unsure about compatibility, so that is where all of you come in to help me out.

**Edit, made a new thread about the fish.

You're definately rolling now. Keep an eye on your ammonia, it'll probably start to fall off fairly quickly.

Thats a shame about petsmart. Are there any other LFSs you could try? Although it looks like you're progressing pretty well now anyway.

Let me know how that background install goes!

There is no plastic on the background. Do I just wet the back of the tank and stick it on?

I guess I am mentally challenged or something, because the website even says to remove plastic backing cover. Well I don't see one, and I am trying to find an area to peel and I can't find it. I'll keep looking. I am probably a moron lol.

There we go! It was exactly even with the back so there was no visible plastic, I had to lift it with a razor.

Day 12-

Ammonia- 1
Nitrite- 2.5
pH- 7.4

I didn't do a Nitrate test today out of laziness, because I only have three test tubes (If you remember, one broke). So I have to go wash them all and then use one of them for pH or nitrate. I like to use them when they are completely dry. Do they sell individual glass tubes for this?

Thanks Sparky I really appreciate it. I'll look around a bit first. Thanks again.

Yeah lol.

When should I start to worry about dosing more ammonia. Tonight or tomorrow? When the time comes, how many ml?

The process calls for maintaining it above 1ppm.

You haven't yet demonstrated the ability to convert a full ppm in under 24 hours, and I think we target capability to convert 2ppm in under 24 hours. I would dose it up 2ppm (3ml) today if it were me.

It's going to take a little bit for the bacteria that converts NO2-NO3 to catch up, but I would still go ahead and build up the ammonia-NO2 bacteria a little more if it were me.

Back
Top Bottom