Fluval Cycle

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yes, that stuff. It's been out for years according to some reviews I've dug up. I'll finish it and probably won't buy it again. It was $12 I think. There's cheaper stuff out there that work I'm sure.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Just as an alternative bacteria in a bottle option, just this morning i started a 55g tank using Dr. Tims one and only (bacteria) and his Ammonia in a bottle.. in Conjunction it claims you can have a cycled tank in as little as a few days.. I'll know here in the next couple days how it works out and let you know if you'd like

That sounds good.

Just as an alternative bacteria in a bottle option, just this morning i started a 55g tank using Dr. Tims one and only (bacteria) and his Ammonia in a bottle.. in Conjunction it claims you can have a cycled tank in as little as a few days.. I'll know here in the next couple days how it works out and let you know if you'd like

Yes I am Very interested , I almost went for some of that stuff , saw a lot of glowing reviews on amazon . Would apreciate keeping us updated on your progress :)

How are your plants doing? Did you notice any difference with them growing while trying the different products?

Kind of off topic, but real quick...are you using Co2 or just liquid ferts? What's your substrate?

How are your plants doing? Did you notice any difference with them growing while trying the different products?

Kind of off topic, but real quick...are you using Co2 or just liquid ferts? What's your substrate?

just using seachem florish and my substrate is caribsea floramx in black
no co2 . not seeing any substancial results using the flourish . My lighting is Fennex planted 24/7
Kinda wondering about the flourish , I had high nitrates so I did a major water change , and redosed with the flourish . I tested again and nothing changes in the test result . :confused:
Next water change I am going to test before adding flourish , see if that does any different water test result

It's hard to see substantial results without co2 unfortunately. Hope today was a better day for your tank.

My tank with fish hasn't seen nitrate yet, but nitrite is at .25 daily.

My tank that is fishless cycling has nitrite and nitrate off the chart. Funny, because I set that tank up after the other one. It's all downhill for the second tank. Exciting stuff!

I think the Special Blend bacteria really helped that tank!

Giving you a heads up. In 24 hours ammonia went from 4ppm to .25ppm. No noticeable levels in nitrite or nitrate. So I dosed the ammonia up to 2ppm. Will check in 24 hours.

So far so good with dr. Tims

well glad to hear that these tanks are going well .
Sorry to report I am now fighting a new problem , a major ICH outbreak .:banghead: Got blind sided by this . I work sun up to sundown and this morning ( sunday ) I see ich all over my neon , one of my GBR is got it real bad , in desperation and being a sunday night all I could find was a meijer open and all they had was some stuff called " Jungle ICH gaurd" stuff reminds of melicate green ( or how ever you spell it ) Green stuff realy stained my hand . I add the exact dosage , removed all carbon , and raised temps to 86 deg F , it says to change water in 24 hrs and redose but I am thinking leave it in for a few days then see . Lost some neons tonight and one Otto :facepalm:
just when I though all was good , oh well it is waht it is.....

Google that stuff and see how other people are using it. I've never used it or know of anyone who has. You might want to go by the directions. 86 degrees sounds a bit too warm, almost like a hot tub for a fish. Seems a bit high for an extended amount of time but maybe not.

Last edited by a moderator:
Google that stuff and see how other people are using it. I've never used it or know of anyone who has. You might want to go by the directions. 86 degrees sounds a bit too warm, almost like a hot tub for a fish. Seems a bit high for an extended amount of time but maybe not.

believe it or not from all the googleing I did on the subject ( ich) it seems that 86 f is when it starts to kill the free swimming parasite .I plan on letting the water changes slide untill wensday morning , then do a 90% change and get some different meds like tetra ich gaurd , read a lot of good things about that .
Good news is no further fish loss (y) so that is a plus
here is a link to the info I read about Ich good read
Using Heat to Treat Ich in Freshwater Tropical Fish - Article at The Age of Aquariums - Tropical Fish

rechecked water conditions , nitrite was zero ammonia zero , high nitrates another water change and added some tetra ich gaurd , cool stuff . One tablet per 10 gallon is idiot proof . no weird blue green water . sad to say lost another 2 neons , just 3 left , my 3 GBR , and 2 ottos .
When this gets all resolved considering some cherry barbs hear their harty fish .
let ya know how the tetra ich gaurd goes .

Danggg. I'm sorry you lost more fish :(

Danggg. I'm sorry you lost more fish :(

thanks , real bummer but I threw out that jungle stuff , worthless . brought the temps down to a reasonable 78 deg f .
So whats new on your tank , pretty quiet over their ! :)

Nothing new. Waiting for my ammonia, nitrite and nitrate to start coning down. My other tank holds steady at .25 nitrite. Just trying to be patient, that's all. Lol

ceej how long has your tank been in cycle?

i started my 55g on saturday the 9th, and my ammonia is dropping in half within 24 hours, nitrites are around .25 and nitrates are staying around .25

i havent done a water change yet, im letting the ammonia work and waiting for a nitrite/nitrate spike

ceej how long has your tank been in cycle?

i started my 55g on saturday the 9th, and my ammonia is dropping in half within 24 hours, nitrites are around .25 and nitrates are staying around .25

i havent done a water change yet, im letting the ammonia work and waiting for a nitrite/nitrate spike

humm , ok seems like you have the problem I did , ammonia would drop but nitrates would stay. may I suggest some seachem stability . That is what got the ball realy rolling for me .

Haven't had the time to go out and get some but I will on Friday.

Back
Top Bottom