Fluval Flora Build Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20110621_215927.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110621_215927.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 103
fishfanatic said:
Look what I just found in my aquarium supplies! Does it matter if it is "phosphate" (what ever that means)

That's the stuff and it should work, but not sure about the phosphate removal additive. Rookie or fort will know.

Mr. Limpet said:
That's the stuff and it should work, but not sure about the phosphate removal additive. Rookie or fort will know.

Do plants use phosphate? If so will it remove ferts that I add to the tank?

mfdrookie516 said:
Yeah, though Mono Potassium Phosphate is MKP, and KH2PO4 is Potassium DiHydrogen Phosphate... they serve the same purpose for fert dosing. I use MKP

According to this post by rookie, it sounds like you're using a phosphate additive.

fishfanatic said:
Do plants use phosphate? If so will it remove ferts that I add to the tank?

I'd say it will for a time, but the phosphate remover should dissipate over time, so it might be OK.

Mr. Limpet said:
According to this post by rookie, it sounds like you're using a phosphate additive.

I'd say it will for a time, but the phosphate remover should dissipate over time, so it might be OK.

Thanks for seting me on the right cores! I think my lfs has some normal HBH (no additives).
Another question: will that small amount of Bio Max that will fit in the 'large' chamber of the filter be enough to instant cycle a tank? I want to make sure my fish will be happy

fishfanatic said:
Thanks for seting me on the right cores! I think my lfs has some normal HBH (no additives).
Another question: will that small amount of Bio Max that will fit in the 'large' chamber of the filter be enough to instant cycle a tank? I want to make sure my fish will be happy

I got about a plam full of biomedia to fit in and it keeps my water in perfect condition. Other than the poly-fil, I don't replace and of the pads in the filter so that helps too.

You might want to check out what I did to add mini xmass moss to my 3D wall too :D (I hope the link works lol).

http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forum...etta-as-centerpiece-146503-2.html#post1407947

I have been talking to SM and I havde decided to get 10 chili rasboras and a few cherry red shrimp. What do you think? And how many cherry red shrimp could I put in the tank?

I bought 2 pots of DHG and I want to know if I should remove the yellow stuff that comes in the pot that is around the roots? Could I pull it apart and make it into a few plants?

I got some plants! I know there is really know way of you guys knowing but you might be able to make an educated guess... how long will 20grams of co2 last at 1 bubble every 8 seconds?

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20110622_203117.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110622_203117.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 103
  • ForumRunner_20110622_203152.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110622_203152.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 101
fishfanatic said:
I have been talking to SM and I havde decided to get 10 chili rasboras and a few cherry red shrimp. What do you think? And how many cherry red shrimp could I put in the tank?

I'd say you could put 6 or so RCS in to start.

fishfanatic said:
I bought 2 pots of DHG and I want to know if I should remove the yellow stuff that comes in the pot that is around the roots? Could I pull it apart and make it into a few plants?

Yep you want to remove that stuff and plant the roots good.

Mr. Limpet said:
I'd say you could put 6 or so RCS in to start.

Yep you want to remove that stuff and plant the roots good.

I removed as much of that stuff from around the roots as I could, without ripping the roots up.
I have an idea... could I put a 'T' in my co2 line that goes to my 40 gallon, then put a needle valve in the line going to the fluval Flora?

fishfanatic said:
I removed as much of that stuff from around the roots as I could, without ripping the roots up.
I have an idea... could I put a 'T' in my co2 line that goes to my 40 gallon, then put a needle valve in the line going to the fluval Flora?

I don't know if that makes since... I don't know how else to describe it. I would basically be running 2 aquariums off of one co2 system.

Does anyone know were to get a needle valve that you can have tubing attached to both ends? 2 Outlet CO2 Manifold Gang Valve by JBJ - AquaCave
I want something like this but I don't want 2 outputs, I only want one.

You are right going with a co2 specific gang valve, as the control needs to be very precise.

Why would you only want 1 output? You need to control the flow to two tanks, right? I guess you could try to balance one tank off of the other, but it'd be a lot easier just to get a dual output gang valve like the one you listed.

As far as in-line needle valves go, the fabco nv-55 is the one that is recommended time and again.

I actually already bought the one I linked :). Now all I need are 2 bubble counters, were can I get some cheap bubble counters?

I have a problem... I took off the needle valve that came with the reactor, and I replaced it with a duel one. Well now I can't stop it from leaking! It leaks right were the new needle valve attacks to the reactor. What can I do? Or did I just ruin the whole reactor :( please help me out

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20110625_111950.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110625_111950.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 85
  • ForumRunner_20110625_112026.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110625_112026.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 99
fishfanatic said:
I have a problem... I took off the needle valve that came with the reactor, and I replaced it with a duel one. Well now I can't stop it from leaking! It leaks right were the new needle valve attacks to the reactor. What can I do? Or did I just ruin the whole reactor :( please help me out

Do I have to glue the parts together or something? Is there supposed to be a rubber ring to seal it? (Sorry I am freaking out)

Back
Top Bottom