Fluval Flora Build Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Nothing with the tank has changed (nothing much can change in just a few days). I did get my co2 up and running. The new needle valve is not as 'smooth' as my old one, but I think it will be ok. I am just waiting for SM to get some more red cherry shrimp and chili rasboras in stock...

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20110626_122157.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110626_122157.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 123
  • ForumRunner_20110626_122303.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110626_122303.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 127
An update for my fluval Flora! I have 10 shrimp in the mail from SM. They are tiger shrimp, I think they will look really good in there!

mfdrookie516 said:
Any plant growth in the couple weeks since the last update?

A little bit of plant growth. But I have been really bad about dosing my pps pro (my auto dosers on my other tank have spoiled me lol). I will probably have to build an auto doser for this tank as well. I have remembers to dose my tanks 1 day this week! Shame on me!

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20110706_164902.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110706_164902.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 107
jetajockey said:
awesome, post some pics when they get settled in.

I will! I know one of my favorite thing to do is look at pictures of other peoples tanks. The shrimp should arrive ether Friday or Saturday

My shrimp should come tomorrow! Should I put the Bio Max in the Flora filter today? (The Bio Max is coming out of my fluval 305 that is already seeded)

The tank looks GREAT so far. (y)

I'm actually a bit jealous..I was at TFP yesterday and the Fluval Floras on sale. I actually paused when I walked by the display rack and thought..."Hmmm...wonder what I could put in that?" lol My second thought was, "I bet my husband would kill me if I cam home with another tank!" :lol:

I agree with Fort's line of thinking. You just need one more plant. If you don't have enough light for Rotala wallichii or macranda, maybe think about Rotala indica or Rotala Rotundifolia or possibly even Mayaca?

Coleallensmom said:
The tank looks GREAT so far. (y)

I'm actually a bit jealous..I was at TFP yesterday and the Fluval Floras on sale. I actually paused when I walked by the display rack and thought..."Hmmm...wonder what I could put in that?" lol My second thought was, "I bet my husband would kill me if I cam home with another tank!" :lol:

I agree with Fort's line of thinking. You just need one more plant. If you don't have enough light for Rotala wallichii or macranda, maybe think about Rotala indica or Rotala Rotundifolia or possibly even Mayaca?

I don't really know if I have enough light for rotala wallichii. I have 26 watts of light 6500k, about 15 inches from the light to the substrate. Is that enough light?

My shrimp just came in the mail! I am so exited to finally have something alive (other than plants) in the tank! I will post pictures when I get them accumulated

These shrimp look so cool! Thank you SM!

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20110708_113352.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110708_113352.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 69
LOL I'm waiting for my tiger shrimp to come today from SM too! Stupid mailman taking his time....

carey said:
LOL I'm waiting for my tiger shrimp to come today from SM too! Stupid mailman taking his time....

You wont be disappointed! How many did you order? Are you going to breed them? Mine came with a big ball of Java mass (I have never had Java moss)

I only got 2 tigers, but I got 4 mandarin shrimp. :)

And yes, acclimate shrimp very slowly. In SW i do 2hours at least for shrimp. Maybe overkill in FW though, not sure. lol

Back
Top Bottom