Fluval Flora Build Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Try unscrewing the manifold again, and then using some teflon tape on the threads. Then, screw it back together. Don't over-tighten. Brass threads are not hard to damage, so hopefully, it is not already damaged...

You need to wrap all your connections with teflon. Most needle valves that come with regs are put in with locktite anyways.

fort384 said:
Try unscrewing the manifold again, and then using some teflon tape on the threads. Then, screw it back together. Don't over-tighten. Brass threads are not hard to damage, so hopefully, it is not already damaged...

The Teflon tap did the trick! You are a life saver! Thank you!

You are welcome. Make sure you use soapy water to check all the connections. Even a small leak can cause a huge loss in co2.

Last edited:
fort384 said:
You are welcome. Make sure use use soapy water to check all the connections. Even a small leak can cause a huge loss in co2.

It passed the soapy water test :). Now time to tinker with it to get the drop checker a nice lime green :D

What should I add/ subtract from the tank? I would appreciate any constructive criticism.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20110625_134014.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110625_134014.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 102
Maybe a stem plant in the back right. Other than that, I would let it grow in. I like your hardscape. Is that HC in the front and hairgrass in the back left?

fort384 said:
Maybe a stem plant in the back right. Other than that, I would let it grow in. I like your hardscape. Is that HC in the front and hairgrass in the back left?

Yes sir that is HC in the front and DHG in the back left. What would you recommend for the back right hand corner?

Rotala macranda if your lights are good :)

Pogostemon erectum if you can find it.

fort384 said:
Rotala macranda if your lights are good :)

Pogostemon erectum if you can find it.

I have 26 Watts of 6,500 k compact fluorescent. Over the 7.9 gallon, is that 'good light'?

Yeah. That would be good for the pogostemon. Might be a little Low for macranda.

mfdrookie516 said:
I might be getting some P. Erectus soon... I haven't decided whether I want to or not. If I do, I'll send you some.

That would be great! When/ if you get it, we can work out a price :)

mfdrookie516 said:
Price would be what I pay... shipping ;) But, I'm not sure if I'm going to get it or not.

Were are you getting it from? That way if you don't want to get any then I can order my own

Back
Top Bottom