Fluval Flora Build Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
alLexX said:
dont really know,i think you shouldleave thgem be for now and only get rid of them if thsey become a problem.

Ya... I am over reacting a bit aren't I. I fed the shrimp some shrimp cuisine food and they seemed to like it. One of the shrimp was chasing another shrimp around the tank to get the food from it! Very fun to watch! (Can you tell this is my first shrimp tank?) Lol

Hmm... I bet if you feed the snails a wee bit of food, they'd stop eating your plants. They also might multiply as well... But if you were desperate maybe.

Homedog98 said:
Hmm... I bet if you feed the snails a wee bit of food, they'd stop eating your plants. They also might multiply as well... But if you were desperate maybe.

What should I feed them a wee bit of? Flake food, shrimp food or something else?

Flake food would be best. :) and I mean a wee bit lol. Like a very small pinch every other day... See how it goes and if the plant eating stops, and there's no baby boom, you've found a schedule. Now if there is a baby boom, move to every two days, and so on. If it gets really bad, stop feeding, and start the eradication process lol. You might wanna start trying a bit of extermination now just in case.

My shrimp still seem to be happy and healthy :D!
I need all of your opinion. Should I remove the Java moss from the tank? If you think I should leave it then were should I put it? ( It won't be thrown away it will be put in another tank, if you think I should remove it)

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20110711_171819.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110711_171819.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 117
My shrimp still seem to be happy and healthy :D!
I need all of your opinion. Should I remove the Java moss from the tank? If you think I should leave it then were should I put it? ( It won't be thrown away it will be put in another tank, if you think I should remove it)
i like java moss,so i think you should keep it where it is. its your tank thougfh

I thought I would post an update! The shrimp seem to he loving there new home (and I love them in my home). I absolutely love how they crawl all over everything.
The hc seems to he growing well, there is no new sign of growth of the dwarf hair grass. The Java moss is growing fairly quickly.

I have a question, there is this white stuff that seems to be growing in my pps pro, I didn't notice it so I went ahead and dosed with it. Well the shrimp ate it, they actually fought over it. Should I be concerned about this white stuff?

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20110719_172114.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110719_172114.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 104
  • ForumRunner_20110719_172154.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110719_172154.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 95
I thought I would post an update! The shrimp seem to he loving there new home (and I love them in my home). I absolutely love how they crawl all over everything.
The hc seems to he growing well, there is no new sign of growth of the dwarf hair grass. The Java moss is growing fairly quickly.

I have a question, there is this white stuff that seems to be growing in my pps pro, I didn't notice it so I went ahead and dosed with it. Well the shrimp ate it, they actually fought over it. Should I be concerned about this white stuff?
looking good :)

fort384 said:
Is it granular or more like a sludge/slime?

It is more of a fuzzy kind of slime. This stuff is really concentrated, I only dose 1 mL a day (could that be the problem?)

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20110719_183722.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110719_183722.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 90
Probably. I wouldn't want to take the chance of adding anything weird to an invert tank. They can be sensitive.

fort384 said:
Probably. I wouldn't want to take the chance of adding anything weird to an invert tank. They can be sensitive.

Ok thanks! I might also try making it less concentrated and see if that helps. This has never happened in my auto dosers for my 40 gallon (the only thing different about the two is this stuff is much more concentrated)

Micros like to mold. I add .5ml HCL/Formaldehyde mix for every litre of solution I make. You can get this stuff in the form of antifungul treatment for fish or you can get pure HCL at the hardware store and dose the same amount per litre. It keeps the mold away. My micros store for months with no refrigeration and are extremly concentrated with not only CSM but also iron.

Crepe said:
Micros like to mold. I add .5ml HCL/Formaldehyde mix for every litre of solution I make. You can get this stuff in the form of antifungul treatment for fish or you can get pure HCL at the hardware store and dose the same amount per litre. It keeps the mold away. My micros store for months with no refrigeration and are extremly concentrated with not only CSM but also iron.

That is a great idea! What is it sold as at the fish store?

I bought mine as TetraPond Pond Fish Treatmen..it contains formaldehyde, quinine hydrochloride and hydrochloric acid. It recommends 10ml for 50 gallons of water (if you were treating fish that is lol) but when you break it down to 2ml for every gallon and then that is being dosed like 2-3ml a day you end up adding only 2ul of the treatment at any given time so it's insignificant.

Crepe said:
I bought mine as TetraPond Pond Fish Treatmen..it contains formaldehyde, quinine hydrochloride and hydrochloric acid. It recommends 10ml for 50 gallons of water (if you were treating fish that is lol) but when you break it down to 2ml for every gallon and then that is being dosed like 2-3ml a day you end up adding only 2ul of the treatment at any given time so it's insignificant.

And is it safe for inverts?

Back
Top Bottom