Fluval Flora Build Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
xxwolfpackof1xx said:
with the stock light what would i be able to keep (low mid high)

I am not an expert at lighting. I would say medium light plants, I would get another opinion before you went out and bought medium light plants

fishfanatic said:
Ammonia: 0 (possibly a little bit)
Nitrite: 0
Nitrate: 8-10

Will this be okey? I don't want to do a pwc for a few days, I want the shrimp to have a chance to settle in before.

**Edit** also my drop checker reeds between 30-35 ppm co2

^^ I didn't get/see am answer to this. (I think it got drowned out by some other postes I did)

I absolutely ador these shrimp! I have been sitting here staring at them for like 30 min! They really like dw! Here are the pictures I promised...

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20110708_171950.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110708_171950.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 69
  • ForumRunner_20110708_172049.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110708_172049.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 74
The shrimp look great in the tank!

Don't worry about the acclimation. These tiger shrimp are very hardy and shouldn't have any trouble.

xxwolfpackof1xx said:
beautiful. are you trying at a breeding colony?

If they do breed that would be great! But if they don't then that is fine with me as well. From what I understand if you have a male and a female tiger shrimp in a stable aquarium then they will bread. I am now considering making this a shrimp only tank.

fishfanatic said:
If they do breed that would be great! But if they don't then that is fine with me as well. From what I understand if you have a male and a female tiger shrimp in a stable aquarium then they will bread. I am now considering making this a shrimp only tank.

i hope they breed there really cool looking. how come a shrimp only? im sure some nano fish will co-exist with shrimp

xxwolfpackof1xx said:
i hope they breed there really cool looking. how come a shrimp only? im sure some nano fish will co-exist with shrimp

In a shrimp only I could have more shrimp lol

fishfanatic said:
In a shrimp only I could have more shrimp lol

Not really lol... Shrimp have almost no bioload. You could have a bunch of them, a school or two of nanos (or just one big school) and skip the bottom feeders. You could probably have just as many as if it were a shrimp only tank. :)

alLexX said:
my ghos shrimp eat snails and there eggs,not sure about yours though. snails shouldbnt be a problem unlrss you overfeed

That is one strange thing about this tank, for the last 2-3 weeks my tank has had no livestock (except 2-3 snails that came with the plants). I have not been feeding at all and the snails are still multiplying. There is little to no algae for the snails to eat, what are they living on?!

That is one strange thing about this tank, for the last 2-3 weeks my tank has had no livestock (except 2-3 snails that came with the plants). I have not been feeding at all and the snails are still multiplying. There is little to no algae for the snails to eat, what are they living on?!
is there even the tinyist bit of dead plants?

alLexX said:
is there even the tinyist bit of dead plants?

Yes and some live plants. Maybe that is why there is no new growth on the plants they have been eaten! Gerrr! What is the best way to get rid of snails? I have heard about the traps and putting different vegetables in the tank. Are there any other ways to rid a tank from the wrath of snails?

Yes and some live plants. Maybe that is why there is no new growth on the plants they have been eaten! Gerrr! What is the best way to get rid of snails? I have heard about the traps and putting different vegetables in the tank. Are there any other ways to rid a tank from the wrath of snails?
dont really know,i think you shouldleave thgem be for now and only get rid of them if thsey become a problem.

Back
Top Bottom