Fluval Flora Build Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Today I got the heater, extra light, and 6 co2 cartridges in the mail! I am still waiting on the substrate, and the tank itself. (I also bought a nano drop checker which has not come yet). The tank is supposed to come on Thursday along with the substrate. And who knows how long of will take for the drop checker to come from Japan lol.

Today I am planning on going to the petstore (school is out!). My fluval is supposed to come tomorrow and I want to know if I bought the plants today and put them in a bucket of water would they be ok? Or do they have to be in heated water?

I could put the new heater in the bucket would this help? I am out of control, I am so exited!

Heat isn't that big of a deal. As long as the temp is room temp, they'll be fine. Lighting is where you'll want to make sure you're good on, which might be hard in a bucket. A few days without light is ok, but I wouldn't want to go more than 3 or 4

I got one of the lights in the mail yesterday (it is just like the light that comes with the Flora) I will just clip it on the bucket. And if the Flora doesn't come tomorrow I can always put the plants in my 40 gallon tank. I didn't want to put them in there just in case there was a disease in the tank.

The Flora is 'out for delivery'. When it comes I am sure I will have lots of questions, and hopefully you guys will have lots of answers. :D

Last edited:
I need to let off some steam... the box that the tank came in looked like someone played football with it, and of course the aquarium is broken! I am freaking out! I sat and watched the UPS guys through the box down at my front door, and I thought really that is how you are going to treat my hard earned money?.... thanks for letting me.get that out of my system, the good part is that Amazon is going yo refund it 100%. Should I order another one online or should I try to find on in a store?

Does anyone know of a chain pet store that sells the fluval Flora?

Sorry to hear it fishfan :(.

That's the hazards of ordering online that I have a hard time with. Think of it this way, it could've been live (you hope) fish that the UPS gorilla was playing kick the can with.

I looked on google places, just to see and there's no one around me (8MM people) that carries it according to the big G (go figure). I'd try a more reputable source like Foster & Smith Aquatics.

I went to my lfs and they said that they would special order on for me (no extra cost). They are going to call me in the next few days to tell me if they can get it and how much it will cost. Amazon is being really good to me, they are paying return shipping and giving me a full refund. So no complaints on that end. And yes I am very glad of was not live stock. Thanks for helping me look at the glass half full :)

I went to my lfs and they said that they would special order on for me (no extra cost). They are going to call me in the next few days to tell me if they can get it and how much it will cost. Amazon is being really good to me, they are paying return shipping and giving me a full refund. So no complaints on that end. And yes I am very glad of was not live stock. Thanks for helping me look at the glass half full :)

Sounds like a great LFS that'll do something like that for you. Tell them they get a +1 from AA (well me anyways :D) for the good service. Glad to help and I guess I can wait if you have too, to see the kit in action :D.

Mr. Limpet said:
Sounds like a great LFS that'll do something like that for you. Tell them they get a +1 from AA (well me anyways :D) for the good service. Glad to help and I guess I can wait if you have too, to see the kit in action :D.

I am going to go crazy... I am not very patient lol

Wow, hate to hear that. That does go to show my earlier point about having the tank before buying plants and such, but I really wish that you would have proved me wrong. Seems like I've seen those at petsmart before. Have you checked there?

mfdrookie516 said:
Wow, hate to hear that. That does go to show my earlier point about having the tank before buying plants and such, but I really wish that you would have proved me wrong. Seems like I've seen those at petsmart before. Have you checked there?

I should have listened to you :'(. I made up a little makeshift tank for them...

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20110610_100012.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110610_100012.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 113
mfdrookie516 said:
That will be fine. What's the bag for?

They are the bags that the plants came in... all the plants that you can see in the picture are plants that I have just tossed in there from the other tank (trimmings if you will). In the bags I have 1 golf ball size moss ball and 2 pots of Dwarf Hairgrass.

Remember this. Well I just discovered 3 baby fish in it (I think they are killifish). I thinking the eggs were on some of the plants that I put in there. I know that this is the wrong form to post this on but I need help fast. What should I feed these very little fish. I don't think they will eat baby brine shrimp (ya they are that small). I would post a picture but there is no way it would show the little fish. Please help me this is my first experience with babies, other than guppies.
I don't have any movement in the water right now, should there be? (I have an airstone that I could put in there)

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20110611_110417.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110611_110417.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 97
Back
Top Bottom