Fluval Flora Build Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Those chili rasboras are sweet! Could I keep 2 chili rasboras and 4 Clown Killifish in the Flora? And are chili rasboras easy to breed? (I don't know why I am so obsessed with breeding latley)

Well, the guy I'm getting these from kept his 9 in a 5.5g... I'm not familiar with the killis, but I really think 6 chillis would be a better idea.

6 chili rasboras would be awesome! What is there Max size/ behavior.

Well, that might be what they're originally from, but they'll do just fine in a high light tank... and blackwater is tannin stained, not something very many people actually replicate.

I like the chillis as well. They are the ones I will put in there. And I will just have to get some more tanks for the other kinds :). I may have already asked this but how many chilli rasboras can I put in the 7.9 gallon tank?

mfdrookie516 said:
Yeah, you already asked ;) But, 6-8 is what I'd recommend. A nice little school of them.

How many should I add right after I put the old filter media in the new tank?

mfdrookie516 said:
I would add them all at once. With such a small bioload, those should be fine. Then in a couple weeks, you could add the killis in.

Wow! I thought all I could put in the tank is 8 chilli rasboras, I can put clown killifish in there as well :). That just made my day :D. How many clown killifish could I add?

mfdrookie516 said:
I know nothing about them. Looking at the pictures and information online, I dont see why you could do 2 of them.

Cool! Well I am headed to go see the new pirates of the carribean thanks for your help! And I hope I get some of the stuff in the mail today.

Nothing came today :(. I am so obsessive compulsive lol. I am looking for a plant that grows in little mounds (like the phoenix moss) but I want it to grow faster. I think some of those moss balls would be cool but I had a bad experience with them (a tun of algae grew off it and consumed my tank) did I do something wrong with them or is that what they do? And would pellia be a good choice?

mfdrookie516 said:
moss balls are algae!

I knew that.... but I thought that the ball would just get bigger and bigger not send out little strings of algae everywhere. I am not going to buy one again. Okey I am goin to ask this question: in your opinion what plants/hard scape would you do if you had an empty fluval Flora? (I know your first response will be "it is up to you" but I want your opinion)

Well, obviously, as you said, your preference... YOU are the one who needs to enjoy it... But, I think that dwarf baby tears up front, blyxa japonica in the back, and some dwarf hairgrass spread around would look fantastic.

mfdrookie516 said:
Well, obviously, as you said, your preference... YOU are the one who needs to enjoy it... But, I think that dwarf baby tears up front, blyxa japonica in the back, and some dwarf hairgrass spread around would look fantastic.

You have good taste, I was thinking about doing something like that. I only wanted to add a small prtion of Phoenix moss (I will have to start an add in the classifieds to find some)

Back
Top Bottom