Freshwater Oddballs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Our LFS sells them, seems to be a regular thing too. The crazy fish are pretty cool. They just hangout and strike/ambush their prey. We feed blood worms, live feeder guppies and other small invertebrates.

And funny you would say check the HOB filter, that's where it was for the last week. Our solution was to put mesh netting over the outtake and hopefully he can't get back in there. It seems to love it in there and comes out when it feels like it. So weird!

We bought a new cave for it so hopefully it likes it and doesn't try to escape anymore.

Our LFS sells them, seems to be a regular thing too. The crazy fish are pretty cool. They just hangout and strike/ambush their prey. We feed blood worms, live feeder guppies and other small invertebrates.

And funny you would say check the HOB filter, that's where it was for the last week. Our solution was to put mesh netting over the outtake and hopefully he can't get back in there. It seems to love it in there and comes out when it feels like it. So weird!

We bought a new cave for it so hopefully it likes it and doesn't try to escape anymore.

What is your LFS? I must have one of these fish

And another LFS has teacup sting rays. Their max size is 8" approx. we really want to get one, it would be so sweet. They are about 4-5" wide right now, super cute!

Just ordered a 20" fire eel.. hopefully his colors will be as good as the 18" one (my avatar) that I lost.

My lfs has butis butis all the time, 20 bucks.

Never looked into them though.

If I had to guess I'd say it's probably 1.5 years old. I just don't know.

My previous fire eels would only eat night crawlers. I'm hoping this one will take prawns. Should be here Wed.

Well I'm pretty ticked off.. The auction states Expedited shipping. Being an ebay seller myself that means 1-2 day shipping. They shipped it Priority mail which is not Expedited shipping. According to USPS it will be here Friday. That is 5 days of shipping, I highly doubt he'll survive it.

Any company selling fish for a living knows better than that.

I have an male Nile Tilapia (Oreochromis niloticus) I consider an oddball as ive not met anyone yet that has one. Mostly used in aquaponics.

Well I'm pretty ticked off.. The auction states Expedited shipping. Being an ebay seller myself that means 1-2 day shipping. They shipped it Priority mail which is not Expedited shipping. According to USPS it will be here Friday. That is 5 days of shipping, I highly doubt he'll survive it.

Ouch, that sucks!

Hopefully it can make it.

Mudfrog said:

I have bought fish off eBay many times with shipping in that time range and generally its not an issue.

I went to a chain store on Saturday and saw a large elephant nose for sale. I was going to buy him but my past experience with the store plus the price caused me to sadly decline him.

got him completely by accident. Came in a bag with a bunch of feeder goldfish. Was very tiny originally thought was maybe a guppy or a tuffy or something like that. Theres a vid of my wife talking with him few pages down. Very personable fish. Cant put anything with him though:(

The fire eel arrived after 5 days and he was upside down and gasping. Dead within the hour.

Back
Top Bottom