Freshwater stocking ideas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Love it! Do you have sand?

Yes I have white sand with a mix of ecocomplete and fluorite. If I could go back though I would use black sand so it all blended better. Also makes the plants and fish POP more.

Caleb

Yes I have white sand with a mix of ecocomplete and fluorite. If I could go back though I would use black sand so it all blended better. Also makes the plants and fish POP more.

Caleb

Does that combination work well for you? I'm still not sure whether I'm going with white or black sand

Then maybe I'll hold off on that one. Get some more stable plants in first

I would hold off on it. Especially if you are new to plants. It's one of the harder plants to grow.

I'd do black sand with fine-grain Eco complete if you can find some

Caleb

I would hold off on it. Especially if you are new to plants. It's one of the harder plants to grow.

I'd do black sand with fine-grain Eco complete if you can find some

Caleb

Yeah I've really only had experience with some wisteria, elodea, and java fern. And that's what I was thinking after reading your reply. I like the way fish look against black substrate. I feel like it really brings out their colors.

Yeah I've really only had experience with some wisteria, elodea, and java fern. And that's what I was thinking after reading your reply. I like the way fish look against black substrate. I feel like it really brings out their colors.

The black substrate does bring out the colors. I use it in my cichlid tank, between my substrate, black background, and reef light the colors pop.

I believe there is a black version of Eco complete sold. *checking amazon* yes there is. So it will match your sand and better hold nutrients for your plants.

Caleb

I believe there is a black version of Eco complete sold. *checking amazon* yes there is. So it will match your sand and better hold nutrients for your plants.

Caleb

How did you mix the sand and eco-complete? Just poured both into the tank and pushed it around?

How did you mix the sand and eco-complete? Just poured both into the tank and pushed it around?

Just washed them both. (Eco complete says not to wash it if there is no fish in the tank yet) then mix it together as you please.

Caleb

I've had good luck with dwarf sag as a grass-type plant.

And I've been keeping kuhlis off and on for over 10 years. No problem having a group in a 10g!

Just washed them both. (Eco complete says not to wash it if there is no fish in the tank yet) then mix it together as you please.

Caleb

Preferably Eco-complete on the bottom?

I've had good luck with dwarf sag as a grass-type plant.

And I've been keeping kuhlis off and on for over 10 years. No problem having a group in a 10g!

Awesome thanks!! And yeah, the kuhlis seem like cool fish. I'm definitely getting some

I have had good luck with Eco complete.

Caleb

I actually had Eco-complete in my planted goldfish tank but I didn't have it for too long, so I never had much of a chance to see a lot of results.

Kuhli and clown loaches are my personal favourites. You can add an elephant nose and few bleeding heart tetras with few plans and hiding places.it would be rocking .

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Kuhli and clown loaches are my personal favourites. You can add an elephant nose and few bleeding heart tetras with few plans and hiding places.it would be rocking .

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I love clowns but no no no not in this tank. They need like a 150 to support an adult school of 5+

Caleb

I would stay away from the cardinals and deep bodied tertras with the bolivains.
The cards due to temps(they are like GBR 82 +).

I've never heard of Cardinals having a difficult time in the upper 70s.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom