freshwater to 75 gallon saltwater reef with fish evolution.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh and for what it's worth, I've really gotten some great advice just hanging out on this thread. The inter-racial clown couple, the tang discussion (I too toyed with the idea of getting a yellow), the top off info, the snowflake eel (I had also thought of one lol), and some other things here and there.

lol glad i can be an example of what not to do:ROFLMAO:

coffeetwitch said:
no ive got a 2 inch bed in the dt. what does that tell you?

corners of the baffle glass a problem you think?

Shouldn't be. A prob.... And 2-3 inches should be ok....

I dont think youd get much benefit from a dsb in the fuge. I beleive it has to do with how big or the size of the dsb section so a tiny part having dsb shouldnt make a dent.

This is all what I was told when setting up my sump.

Yep! Sure do!

http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f14/75g-build-first-timer-167499.html

Unfortunately for me, the thread never garnered much attention (probably owing to the length of my initial post lol). The tank is still sitting in my living room, dry, but that all might change tomorrow :D. I purchased 150 lbs of live rock from my LFS at a pretty decent price (about 4.50/lb, and supposedly it will have some coraline growth), and I intend on picking it up tomorrow morning.

crap thats alot of rock!!!! we only have 80 in mine. nothing in the sump yet. and ive found it hard to get the rocks right with so much in there. lol i think most of the pictures in this thread are of me trying to make a show aqua scape.

carey said:
I dont think youd get much benefit from a dsb in the fuge. I beleive it has to do with how big or the size of the dsb section so a tiny part having dsb shouldnt make a dent.

Maybe I'm confused... Dsb=????

bummer because i was designating as much of the 40g breeder to the fuge as possible.

hind site being what it is, i still dont know why i didnt put one in the dt.

wait! you said much benefit, that means i will get some benefit. and thats better than no benefit.

coffeetwitch said:
bummer because i was designating as much of the 40g breeder to the fuge as possible.

hind site being what it is, i still dont know why i didnt put one in the dt.

wait! you said much benefit, that means i will get some benefit. and thats better than no benefit.

Hold on, I'll take a pic of my sump...

Yep! Sure do!

http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f14/75g-build-first-timer-167499.html

Unfortunately for me, the thread never garnered much attention (probably owing to the length of my initial post lol). The tank is still sitting in my living room, dry, but that all might change tomorrow :D. I purchased 150 lbs of live rock from my LFS at a pretty decent price (about 4.50/lb, and supposedly it will have some coraline growth), and I intend on picking it up tomorrow morning.

I have been reading it. :)

the one spot is in the tank. and hiding. ive just mixed up rodi and some salt to replenish what was used to drip.

coffeetwitch said:
the one spot is in the tank. and hiding. ive just mixed up rodi and some salt to replenish what was used to drip.

How much did u use to drip? Lol ... Shouldn't have been that much...

Back
Top Bottom