fry help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
First ones papa and moma together and then just moma

Attachments

• image-2869567049.jpg
    image-2869567049.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 53
  • image-3210579298.jpg
    image-3210579298.jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 66
Lost all my fry today after transferring them I to a new tank last night. Not sure what happened. Used water and gravel from the tank that were previously in.

I'm sorry to here that, it seems v strange they would die so soon after transfer? As we kniw Guppies breed like wildfire so won't be long until your next batch!

3 month old just getting his colour its odd to see yellow as the mother (who died soon after his birth) only had a v small flicker of yellow, the next batch of fry have red just starting to appear on their tails,

Attachments

• image-3092967723.jpg
    image-3092967723.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 164
Your tank looks great! I'm still trying to convince my wife to let me get another tank. I was barely able to get the one gallon for fry.

Out of the two batches of fry I had(R.I.P.) two of them were born almost completely colored. Is this normal?

I wish I could give you some of mine the kitchen tank is only 27ltrs and I think I counted 13 fry and 4 adults! There's only 1 mature female she's like a breeding machine!!

No worries! I think my female has finally gotten into a groove I just need a couple more females to keep the make preoccupied.

Is inbreeding a giant no no, or is it something that can happen to an extent? I know that obviously too much will cause some complications and disease.

I have inter bred its usually ok for about 3 or 4 generations, anything after that you risk deformity such as bent tail spine, I've had a few if these - I cull them as soon as I see them as it effects the way they swim and effects the overall look of the tank bent fish struggling to swim in a straight line,
This caption and pic should help :-

The only real deformity that I can think of is a spinal one and I think it is common practice to eliminate fry with a spinal deformity. With the over breeding, traits would change much in the way they would if you were line breeding for specific traits such as fin length or color.

I see this happen quite a lot

Whoa! That looks painful.... Ok I was so worried about my fry before they past! I was literally trying to sex them as soon as I could to prevent any problems. This next round I'm not going to worry as much lol. Hopefully I'll be able to get more then just 5 as well. Thanks for the info! It was a lot of help

Will keep posted on any new fry in the future.

Hi about your fry dieing the day after I find if you don't shock them thell live. I put a plastic bag in the tank and

Chase them in side and deposit them in to the new tank with out them touching air they live, for me anyways

Chase them in side and deposit them in to the new tank with out them touching air they live, for me anyways

So your saying because I transfered them out of water they may have been shocked? That actually makes some sense. Would certainly explain the problem I had at least. Thanks! I will give this process a try with the next batch.

I hope it helps. I also do that for the pregnant mamas so they don't abort the fry.

For a new batch of fry totaling 7 as of now. Going to keep them in breeder box or a week then transfer them in water into the 1 gal tank. Not going to loose any this time lol

Congrats! Dont forget.. you can post pics as they grow on my fry lovers thread.. there ae tons of people sharing their breeding success!

Back
Top Bottom