Funniest things done by your fishy friends?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
my little bolivian ram is absolutely obsessed with bottom feeder tablets :) she'll seek it out and carry it around like a chew toy, flaunting it in front of the tetras until it falls apart.

Sometimes when I feed my zebras they splash me in the face, it's like "here you want a pellet?" and next thing you know you have water in your eye.

Sometimes my goldfish does a little back flip thing and its really cute :lol:

When I came home this morning and popped my tank lights to check my gang I was surprised to witness my four panda corys swimming around the tank closely followed by 2 trilined and a peppered bringing up the rear! It made me chuckle, they were having a great game of follow the leader!

It's not really funny but almost every day I turn the lights on and see one of my dang plants has been dug up again.

my little bolivian ram is absolutely obsessed with bottom feeder tablets :) she'll seek it out and carry it around like a chew toy, flaunting it in front of the tetras until it falls apart.

Both of my Bolivians do that too!!! and now the male has decided he hates fingers, so if anyone touches the glass, he will rush to the front, flare up, and try to nip your finger.

OR...

When I came home this morning and popped my tank lights to check my gang I was surprised to witness my four panda corys swimming around the tank closely followed by 2 trilined and a peppered bringing up the rear! It made me chuckle, they were having a great game of follow the leader!

They may also have been preparing to spawn :D

Andy Sager said:
They may also have been preparing to spawn :D

Lol my trilined lay eggs all the time this was a clear come catch me game! It was so funy they were bashing the ones not playing out of the way!

The male guppy I got at the pet store hangs out with my neon tetras and swims with them all the time! Talk about an identity crisis! ^^

alia258 said:
The male guppy I got at the pet store hangs out with my neon tetras and swims with them all the time! Talk about an identity crisis! ^^

Yeah! I got the same, except mine are chasing mollies :D

My male is always either swimming with my neon tetras or pestering the females in the tank. My female is expecting!!! :D

I've only had my guppies for about two weeks, but apparently they like me lol, when I reach into the tank for something these two females in particular will wait until I'm concentrating then sneak attack my arm with guppy "kisses" lol they've earned themselves the names Nibbles and Freckles now :)

My guppies are skittish (had to go to petco, at least they were healthy) but I think the babies will be calmer, being raised in a familiar environment ^^

My fish will scare me , say I'm looking at a plant and thinking huh ill need to trim this one and move that one over...... What the!!! I'll zoom out my focus and all of my fish have crowded into the space my face was just at rolling and tumbling over each other to get my attention so cute

My fish nibble on my plants, *nibble* *nibble* its so cute!

Bearchumjs said:
My sister had a snail climb out of her tank and fall behind it. Not sure how long it was back there but she said it was all dry and shriveled up. Instead of throwing it out she put it in some water to soak and it plumped back up and was just fine! She put it back in the tank.

I was at the lps and an employee told me that the mystery snails get shipped in out of water I was shocked so I guess a good while lol

Fishandmusic81 said:
I was at the lps and an employee told me that the mystery snails get shipped in out of water I was shocked so I guess a good while lol

I noticed that too at petco, wonder why?

I was watching my fry after feeding them some flakes. I saw that one of my littlest ones was trying to get this huge flake in its mouth by the filter. Everytime he tried to eat it, he would lax in his swimming and get sucked to the filter, he swam his hardest wiggling body and everything, get just a ways away and tried again. He did this a few times until he finally ate it but it was soo cute to watch! :)

Starka said:
I noticed that too at petco, wonder why?

I was watching my fry after feeding them some flakes. I saw that one of my littlest ones was trying to get this huge flake in its mouth by the filter. Everytime he tried to eat it, he would lax in his swimming and get sucked to the filter, he swam his hardest wiggling body and everything, get just a ways away and tried again. He did this a few times until he finally ate it but it was soo cute to watch! :)

I think they put like moist towels or something around them when shipped in
Lol I would be so worried if I saw that I have some thin plants on my filter to keep my ghost shrimp from getting stuck lol

Fishandmusic81 said:
I think they put like moist towels or something around them when shipped in
Lol I would be so worried if I saw that I have some thin plants on my filter to keep my ghost shrimp from getting stuck lol

I wasn't too worried that he'd get sucked in cus I have a cheapy filter wrapped around it. Like a all day buffet for my fry. ;) But it was like he didn't want to move either. Lol

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120302_131245.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120302_131245.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 72
Back
Top Bottom