Future 10g red cherry shrimp tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i like how the moss is coming out from under the rocks.

youll have more than you know what to do with in no time.

i like how the moss is coming out from under the rocks.

youll have more than you know what to do with in no time.

Thanks, Jimmy. I really like how that turned out myself. The only reason I don't want to move some of that moss over to my new 29g tank is because of the snails. I am going to try my best to keep then out of my 29g, but I know it will be near to impossible.

Java moss has really grown fast in my 10g shrimp tank. :D My next step is to get a solid color piece of foamboard for the backs of my 10g tanks so you can't see through them...

Looks like a shrimp paradise! I can tell it will look even better with a background.

I second the black or darker blue suggestion. I believe that you can get the black and dark blue background with one color on each side. Personally, if I wanted a background in my RCS tanks I'd go with a black background. It would help bring out the colors of the shrimp even more.

LOL!!! I will probably go black....and I hate to say it, but I am not much in to painting, so I will be using black foamboard. I have it on the back of my 29g tank and really like it!

March,
The reason I like the "foamboard" is because I didn't have to tape it at all. It is so thick that it pretty much stands on its own and with a hob filter, the filter helps "keep it in place" so to speak. I think I will have to pick up some more of it this week for my two 10g tanks.

wow that moss is really taking off! tank is really look good. How are the shrimp doing? Any females carrying eggs?

Thanks, Jimmy! Yes, I actually do have one berried female. I don't know if it is still one that I ordered from Bryan (bs6749) or if one of them has gotten berried since being in the tank. I have LOTS of babies swimming around...they are almost microscopic they are so small.

March,
The reason I like the "foamboard" is because I didn't have to tape it at all. It is so thick that it pretty much stands on its own and with a hob filter, the filter helps "keep it in place" so to speak. I think I will have to pick up some more of it this week for my two 10g tanks.

(y)

Back
Top Bottom