Future 75 Gallon Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Greenturtle said:
you are right. this makes the decision even harder. But thatnk so much about the 'aggresive towards other tangs" info. I looked them up on a few sights and skimmed the liveaquaria page. Not skimming again LOL. You just saved a potential Kole from dying. Now comes a harder decision, Kole or 2 Spot. What do you guys recommend?

Kole... Duh... Lol...

Greenturtle said:
Expected so from you. That is like asking me "Do you think Blue Green Chromis are good for SW Reef Tanks?" a bit biased.

Lmao.... Well........

Yes, but they were all added at the same time. My yellow tang was aggressive towards my kole tang, because I put it in first, then after a few weeks added the kole, but now they're fine. All tangs should be added at the same time, except maybe the blue tang, since they're push overs lol

I LOVE Bluegreen chromis. im adding some blue reef chromis soon to see if they fight/are as awesome the bluegreens. hope 3 bluegreens + 3 blue reefs should be a good combo. what if all of them start schooling together...

Yes, but they were all added at the same time. My yellow tang was aggressive towards my kole tang, because I put it in first, then after a few weeks added the kole, but now they're fine. All tangs should be added at the same time, except maybe the blue tang, since they're push overs lol
I know. But I am airing on the side of the kole, as it is more popular which equals more available which in turn equals that hopefully my LFS will have it. I always call beforehand though. wouldnt want to drive 35 miles to hear a "sorry, we dont have any kole tangs today."

I actually added my yellow first and then the blue a few months later. SO far so good.

My first go around I also didnt put them in at the same time, and it was kole tang, next week yellow tang, the next week blue caribban tang and anthias and then everything died. :-(

The first time with all the tangs they fought a little bit but after about 2-3 days they were fine with each other, that is until the blue infected theothers with whatever he had.

I still have another 2 weeks til I put my tomini in so hopefully my luck holds out as far as them being aggressive.

slitherbomb said:
Oh man, that's really far away lol.

I have a closer one that mainly does coral. I got my first coral yesterday from them. But their fish stock is kinda limited to Yellow and Hippo Tangs, clowns, cardinalfish, lion fish, and yellow watchman goby. They lost 2/3 of their coral from Irene. It's practically empty.

I'm not sure but I add the less territorial fish first right so which one would that be? And I'm afraid the platinum clown will have to be first..

KeeperOfFish said:
I'm not sure but I add the less territorial fish first right so which one would that be? And I'm afraid the platinum clown will have to be first..

Add ur clown. What else u adding? Any Tangs, angels?

Kio707 said:
Add ur clown. What else u adding? Any Tangs, angels?

Ok I am adding a second clown, 1 tang, 1 dwarf angel, 1 butterflyfish, a blenny and a goby, and I might be forgetting something

KeeperOfFish said:
Ok I am adding a second clown, 1 tang, 1 dwarf angel, 1 butterflyfish, a blenny and a goby, and I might be forgetting something

What kind of clown? They may kill each other.

Back
Top Bottom