Getting a Betta! Need Help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
ShadoeFox said:
Darn skippy. My beta started my mts. Got him at walmart and expected him to die (he was in filthy water and listless. I just wanted to give him a beter place to live out what few days wally world had left him. Did everything wrong, tiny bowl, no cycle... Now eight months later he's the prettiest fish I own and a crown tail no less

Wow, thats pretty amazing though! I would love to see him!

ChibiRedPanda said:
But although my tank doesnt have any fancy things, I will buy some for my betta. Is that Nutrafin Cycler stuff any good?

No it's junk there is another product that does the same thing and it really works I will try to find the name of it

ryan-peddle said:
No it's junk there is another product that does the same thing and it really works I will try to find the name of it

Yes, I would love to know the name of it ASAP please! :)

Just for personal knowledge how does one cycle a small 5 gallon tank? especially without a bio wheel? I have a 36 gallon and that's cycled but I have had my betta for about 2 years and never cycled his tank. I will change %50 of his water every week and every other week take him out completely place him in a cup for a bit and do a %100 water change. Rinse out the tank and the rocks as well as the plants.

reesies_87 said:
Just for personal knowledge how does one cycle a small 5 gallon tank? especially without a bio wheel? I have a 36 gallon and that's cycled but I have had my betta for about 2 years and never cycled his tank. I will change %50 of his water every week and every other week take him out completely place him in a cup for a bit and do a %100 water change. Rinse out the tank and the rocks as well as the plants.

You can still cycle a tank without a bio wheel. But usually you would need some kind of bio media, like the spongy foam stuff

ChibiRedPanda said:
Thanks Mac. Thats very helpful. I have 20$ or so right now. And I have had a betta before so I have most supplies. I just need like 2 more things or so. Im pretty sure my parents would help if I persuade them that is not "just a fish"

And fish do earn people reasonability do u have any other pets ?

Goldfishgirl1999 said:
And fish do earn people reasonability do u have any other pets ?

I do have other pets. I have a dog, 3 cats and a duck. But my parents dont wanna buy all kinds of stuff for a "fish thats gonna die in a week", as they say. So thats why they are making me show "responsiblity" for it, which I obviously am. My precious betta is perfectly fine in his tank.

I do have other pets. I have a dog, 3 cats and a duck. But my parents dont wanna buy all kinds of stuff for a "fish thats gonna die in a week", as they say. So thats why they are making me show "responsiblity" for it, which I obviously am. My precious betta is perfectly fine in his tank.

did you say a DUCK?! can u put up a pic??? thats crazy awesome! :eek:

New said:
did you say a DUCK?! can u put up a pic??? thats crazy awesome! :eek:

Lol sure. There is a younger pic, and an older pic. I named him Roxas, from Kingdom Hearts. Lol, he is 3 months old. I got him for easter. On his wings, he has blue, green and purple feathers.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20110727_121901.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110727_121901.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 83
  • ForumRunner_20110727_121948.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110727_121948.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 72
  • ForumRunner_20110727_122031.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110727_122031.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 69
Mr.Albiman said:
I said that to my mum, but with goldfish, but she said no because she'd have to buy a filter :(

That stinks... you should tell her that if she got a good water pump, then you can make gravity pull water through the filter, then you can use the pump to make a little fountain go up out of the water, returning it to the pondA

Lol sure. There is a younger pic, and an older pic. I named him Roxas, from Kingdom Hearts. Lol, he is 3 months old. I got him for easter. On his wings, he has blue, green and purple feathers.

Ugh. I wish I could still get stuff for Easter still. I would totally ask for a duck if I wasn't almost twenty... I wish I was still a kid now. haha

TheCrazyFishLady said:
Ugh. I wish I could still get stuff for Easter still. I would totally ask for a duck if I wasn't almost twenty... I wish I was still a kid now. haha

Yeah I know but I have a kid now so I can secretly buy animals for him but it's really for me lol

Back
Top Bottom