Getting REALLY discouraged!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Too fast an they know! It's like in the very beginning I had a few shots and then they just hid the rest of the time. I got those other two no problem. But I was running outta time because my friend who has a LFS was closing so I didn't wanna catch them then have to wait. I'm gonna something different tomorrow. A kinda waiting game. I noticed the bigger one going in a Cichlid stone so if I just wait and don't panic the tank maybe when he goes in the stone I'll reach in and grab the stone! It will be full of water and I can just dump it into a bag and bring it to my friend.

Hholly said:
Maybe if you wear stripes...

Think I won't?! I'll try anything!! I'm almost got to the point where I just broke the tank down but I took a deep breath an step back.

Well, if you are getting desperate, then at your next water change, partition off parts of the tank with plastic sheets or something and corral them into a smaller area to better net them out.

Just a thought.

I would probably paint my finger the color of a worm and put it in there.. Then when little bumblebee tries to take a piece of the worm grab him!!!!......... Its a stretch

I'll get'em. What about those big nets they sell at LFS? You can net off areas of the tank. Only thing is what about he other fish. lol I'm watching the tank in the dark as I type!! I swear they know I'm waiting!!

Convict2161 said:
I'll get'em. What about those big nets they sell at LFS? You can net off areas of the tank. Only thing is what about he other fish. lol I'm watching the tank in the dark as I type!! I swear they know I'm waiting!!

Lol they are plotting world domination!

UPDATE!

Found my other smaller eel dead near the heater. This tank is tough!! These BB's have got to go!! I may just breakdown the tank and get them. This is enough now!! Why is this tank so aggressive?! My buddy that owns a LFS told me to add more! Or more dither fish to try and settle the tank. He also said there may be NOTHING I can do until the fish themselves decide who is gonna live in there and who is not welcome. He agrees those fish mentioned are very very aggressive and should be removed but he wonders if that will settle the tank much. He said overstocking more may help as he doesn't think is at the point where the aggression would be spread out enough.

This is SO FRUSTRATING!!

After I get these BB's out can I try another eel again? Or should I wait?

Last edited:
Convict2161 said:
UPDATE!

Found my other smaller eel dead near the heater. This tank is tough!! These BB's have got to go!! I may just breakdown the tank and get them. This is enough now!! Why is this tank so aggressive?! My buddy that owns a LFS told me to add more! Or more dither fish to try and settle the tank. He also said there may be NOTHING I can do until the fish themselves decide who is gonna live in there and who is not welcome. He agrees those fish mentioned are very very aggressive and should be removed but he wonders if that will settle the tank much. He said overstocking more may help as he doesn't think is at the point where the aggression would be spread out enough.

This is SO FRUSTRATING!!

After I get these BB's out can I try another eel again? Or should I wait?

I would wait a little bit due to the fact u want to see how the aggression turns out I'm guessing u had a tire eel? There only about 8 bucks over here in Ca. So you might wanna try it. But you wanna go to your LFS Where I got them to see of they are f0 f1 f2 or f3. You will have less aggression with the f3 fish. Good LUCK

I think I would wait. Your tank is pretty upset right now so I would give it time to settle down a bit.
You lfs guy is right...overstocking does seem to cut aggression AND you may just have to let your fish sort the tank out.
When I add fish I watch them closely to see who's gonna do what to who. Luckily, I have a great tank boss! He keeps the aggression to a minimum. And to ensure he remains boss (since he's so great at it) when something grows up and challenges him, I move them to another tank.
I've got a great video about tank bosses, I'll try to post it.
Good luck! and sorry about the eel.

Back
Top Bottom